Jo

He has a better work rate than Adebayor but he's less clinical. As long as he keeps sticking it in the back of the net though, he'll get his supporters. From what I have heard from a few people he has a bad attitude from people who have met him, but I don't see it on the pitch. He's playing with a smile on his face and rightfully so. If he knuckles down and accepts he's not going to be first choice all the time but will get his opportunities then fair play, I'd let him stay.

I think Bobby is more sympathetic to Jo's style of play, giving him a chance to show what he can do, and probably doesn't see him in black and white as Hughes did. If Rocky and Bellars go then Jo is a good option for the 4th striker, assuming Balotelli comes. He looks stronger than he did when he first came, filled out a bit, so maybe he'll be able to hack the prem a bit better this time.

I think we should keep Jo as well.
He seems to have realized he have to fight for his place and knuckle down.

He might not have the best touch or best passing ability - in fact he's got many weaknesses - but without doubt he's got good positioning and terrific finishing!
This is why he was so sensational in Russia - positioning and finishing is all that really matters in that Mickey Mouse league ;)

Mancini is a magician. How many City fans would have given Jo any chance or any support at the end of last reason? It does look like he wants to use him, playing such a prominent part.

I am worried about Bellers though, not being used. I really hope we keep him.

think this could be last chance saloon for Jo , fell out with Hughes , had problems with Moyes , fell out with Galatasary fans and managment for going on the piss and womanising . This as got to be his last chance if he makes the 25

mammutly said:
Jo cannot cope with the physical demands of the premiership. He's too easily pushed around.

He's also too old to be considered a youngster with prospects. If he had what it takes to impress in the premiership, he'd have shown it by now.

He looks so much bigger this year than previous - he may not get pushed around any more. Just a thought.

the--dud said:
I think we should keep Jo as well.
He seems to have realized he have to fight for his place and knuckle down.

He might not have the best touch or best passing ability - in fact he's got many weaknesses - but without doubt he's got good positioning and terrific finishing!
This is why he was so sensational in Russia - positioning and finishing is all that really matters in that Mickey Mouse league ;)

I agree.

But positioning and finishing are not all that matters in the premier league.

A striker needs excellent control and/or a big physical presence. Sadly, Jo has neither.

Bellers is playing for Wales mid week so manco prob rested him for that with his knee problems, am more worried about Ireland not being with the 20 odd players we had in our squad today, looks like he's off.

Keep Bellamy and Jo unless one wants to leave. Ireland looks gone for Milner, and Balotelli is 19. We can keep them all on the 25-man if they want to stay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.