Jo

I started a thread on him the other night aming pretty much the same points that people have said. If this was his FIRST pre-season with the club, he would be a class buy. Goater had a shit start and then he admitted (in his book) that he took a leaf out of Dickov's book and started running around, Jo looks to be doing the same as his work rate has improved. Maybe having no Brazilians influencing him has helped and not hindered.

mammutly said:
the--dud said:
I think we should keep Jo as well.
He seems to have realized he have to fight for his place and knuckle down.

He might not have the best touch or best passing ability - in fact he's got many weaknesses - but without doubt he's got good positioning and terrific finishing!
This is why he was so sensational in Russia - positioning and finishing is all that really matters in that Mickey Mouse league ;)

I agree.

But positioning and finishing are not all that matters in the premier league.

A striker needs excellent control and/or a big physical presence. Sadly, Jo has neither.

I know what you're saying mate and by no means am I proclaiming him to be a world class player, I just think he can do a job if he keeps applying himself in games and keeps his nose clean off the pitch.

His weaker attributes are still decent. He just seems to be in the right place at the right times during pre-season, almost a bit of a poacher.

dw7 said:
just been saying that he does look to have improved alot
Lets just say, if you were gonna keep Santa Cruz or Jo, which one would it be?? Its a no brainer

I agree though, he seems to have improved and has experience in Europe. Bearing in mind he's only 22 as well. Tevez, Adebayor, Balotelli, Jo along with Alex Nimely and David Ball who have shown some potential too

i think hes definately worth keeping hold of

he looks up for it , good workrate etc.

hes a good finisher and has held the ball up well tonight. he needs to simplify what he does i feel, agains dortmund too many flicks etc. needs to just hold onto the ball.

we need to get behind him this season if he is to stay. if the team are creating chances im sure he will score given the chance !

He has well and truly earnt another shot at it here, without a doubt. Good luck to him

To be fair i remember Goater getting ripped from the fans when he joined us and look at what a legend he turned out to be!!

maybe???

kersalblue said:
To be fair i remember Goater getting ripped from the fans when he joined us and look at what a legend he turned out to be!!

maybe???

Goater was a good striker in a lower division. He was never a top class premier league player.

he seems to have worked hard during pre season. he has earned himself a place in that squad and if not he deserves to be given a chance somewhere else. easily our best player during pre season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.