Joao Cancelo | Al Hilal Player

His agents are Gestifute, Jorge Mendes agency, who also represents Dias, Silva, Nunes & Ederson BTW. Not even his agent can force him to go somewhere he doesn't want to.

Any particular reason they're paying all of his wages this season do you reckon? I'll wait for next season myself to see what happens rather than just throw random crap in to the conversation.

As far as I can see we do have a good relationship with Barcelona allowing for the fact that both are competing businesses. Who are these players Barcelona have repeatedly taken to destabilise us?
Well done you know the name of the agent who did nothing to find a club for his client for 8 months, nobody said it was the agents job to force him out. you may have missed the random crap of how Barca have been dealing with wages for the last 3 years, but as you say we will see, it is still City`s worse bit of business, allowing a top player to leave on a free and allowing him the choice of where he goes.

Well done you know the name of the agent who did nothing to find a club for his client for 8 months, nobody said it was the agents job to force him out. you may have missed the random crap of how Barca have been dealing with wages for the last 3 years, but as you say we will see, it is still City`s worse bit of business, allowing a top player to leave on a free and allowing him the choice of where he goes.
11 weeks and that's all you have?

Who said his agent didn't put forward other clubs?

What's Barcelona's problem with wages got to do with it?

He hasn't left on a free (I wouldn't mind at this point TBH) as he's on loan, all players have the choice of which clubs they play for (presuming the club wants them).

I noticed you didn't answer the question about "we do not have a good relationship with Barca they have repeatedly taken players in an attempt to destabilize".

For me this is City`s worst bit of business this summer, his agent had 8 months to find a club that would pay for him, as far as i am concerned he did not, because he wanted to manipulate City into a position where we have to give him away, the Adebayor saga, I would have made sure his agent knew we were going to send him to Girona, for the rest of his contract if he did not find a club to pay for him.
I think we’ve handled this situation really well, we’re really shrewd operators at all levels of the club - a treble winning season is proof of that……we could have done a Ten Hag / Utd style and had a right mess on our hands causing all sorts of issues. No wonder they fire and misfire in an unpredictable manner. The intricacies of dealing with human beings with agnceny and power in the form of contracts should not be overlooked. I just think you’re oversimplifying the whole managing a club thingy :)

Not adding an option to buy might come back to bite Barca in the ass. If Joao plays well, his value will be more than the €25-30M option amount that was being mentioned. Of course he can say he only wants Barca when the time comes but he doesn't seem like the type to have much club loyalty tbh.

«Yes, it is risky, but my life has always been a risk. I always like to take risks, I'm like that in my social life too. I have to thank everyone at City, I experienced the best moments of my career there, I had the opportunity to be in the FIFA eleven last year, which for me was another dream. And that's thanks to my City teammates, to coach Pep. They are a very good group, very united and it shows. For me, they are now the best team in the world and coming here was a risk, yes, but when Barcelona's opportunity arises you have to go.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.