Joao Cancelo | Al Hilal Player

There were times (especially during the COVID Season) when the media praise for Cancelo seemed to far outweigh his actual achievements. I even remember Martin Keown waxing lyrical after a typically outrageous cross with the outside of his wrong foot.
In truth there were 2-3 memorable assists and a couple of spectacular shots that hit the crossbar, but always the sense that he wasn't quite taking his defensive duties seriously enough, as Tottenham, Real Madrid, and Brentford all scored late winners with Cancelo either daydreaming or wafting a foot, instead of trying to block the cross.

By no means our worst player, but time to move on for both parties.

He was an excellent player, but his ambition for being a creative player was to the detriment of the team's balance. He would often ignore the wide player ahead of him in pursuit of being the one to make things happen instead. And his attitude was clearly an issue. It always felt as though he fancied himself as a winger but played at full back, where he didn't seem particularly keen to do the basic elements of defending like getting tight to his man, preventing crosses from coming in or following a runner. I still can't forgive him for the Real goal to equalise on the night, in the CL. He just let Benzema drift off his shoulder and made no effort to stop the ball coming across for Rodrygo to score. That led to the momentum shift.

Or could be complete made up bollocks like most football stuff - did the journalist “hear something” or “was he told”. No source no doubt, they are all at it, none more so than the Fail. Like I said I’m glad he’s gone but he isn’t the devil
Remember when City first signed him, Juve fans were saying he had a proper attitude problem then so why would he change when he got the Barca?

He was an excellent player, but his ambition for being a creative player was to the detriment of the team's balance. He would often ignore the wide player ahead of him in pursuit of being the one to make things happen instead. And his attitude was clearly an issue. It always felt as though he fancied himself as a winger but played at full back, where he didn't seem particularly keen to do the basic elements of defending like getting tight to his man, preventing crosses from coming in or following a runner. I still can't forgive him for the Real goal to equalise on the night, in the CL. He just let Benzema drift off his shoulder and made no effort to stop the ball coming across for Rodrygo to score. That led to the momentum shift.

His shite defensive work cost us a few times. Totally lost Salah at Anfield too near the end of the game and we lost.
Thankfully we got a fee for him and his huge wages off the books.

Remember when City first signed him, Juve fans were saying he had a proper attitude problem then so why would he change when he got the Barca?
I didn’t say he had a good attitude, I said he’s not the devil. He’s a sulky moody fucker but he wasn’t always like that, for us at least

I didn’t say he had a good attitude, I said he’s not the devil. He’s a sulky moody fucker but he wasn’t always like that, for us at least
I'm saying Juventus fans were saying that when we signed him and he did end up like that at City so it's not a leap to say he could have been the same at Barca. I'm also not accusing him of being the devil, just a bad apple.

It was reported on Aug 20 that Barca was not happy with his attitude and several senior players were pissed off by him.
Ok, ‘Twas the Mail mainly, so a pinch of salt required.

First we take a financial burden off Barcelona by re-signing a former player, then we block a player that might disrupt their cule harmony from joining them. Boy we really do like to help Barca out!

Imo those headlines by barcelona mouthpieces were easy face saving 'we didn't want him anyway' to disguise the fact they can't afford fuck all. Just my opinion. He fits the bill, but Barcelona have form for doing it through their media to so many of their players, including their greatest ever.

I'm saying Juventus fans were saying that when we signed him and he did end up like that at City so it's not a leap to say he could have been the same at Barca. I'm also not accusing him of being the devil, just a bad apple.
What does “Juventus fans” mean? It’s a bit like “hello is that West Ham”

glad he is gone....obviously fallen out of Pep's favour and so was surplus to requirement.

Ake and Gvardiol are both far superior defensively than he ever was and that is all that matters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.