Joao Cancelo | Al Hilal Player

There were times (especially during the COVID Season) when the media praise for Cancelo seemed to far outweigh his actual achievements. I even remember Martin Keown waxing lyrical after a typically outrageous cross with the outside of his wrong foot.
In truth there were 2-3 memorable assists and a couple of spectacular shots that hit the crossbar, but always the sense that he wasn't quite taking his defensive duties seriously enough, as Tottenham, Real Madrid, and Brentford all scored late winners with Cancelo either daydreaming or wafting a foot, instead of trying to block the cross.

By no means our worst player, but time to move on for both parties.

On his day an excellent player with flashes of brilliance......on a bad day a bloody liability.

Witnessed some troubling experiences in his life and this move is the best that City could create.

He'll be back in Europe in 18 months !!
In a hole in the desert minus his sweed more like ;-)

On his day an excellent player with flashes of brilliance......on a bad day a bloody liability.

Witnessed some troubling experiences in his life and this move is the best that City could create.

He'll be back in Europe in 18 months !!
I would say he will be back in Europe next season, clever move by his agents, a nice big paycheck for 12 months followed by a move back to a big league.

It's a great move for all parties, goodbye, good riddance and good luck!

Barca didn’t want him back due to his attitude.
Didn’t hear them say any such thing, it was due to the fact that they’re skint and couldn’t register him. Like everyone else I am glad he has gone and we’ve got a fee and saved his wages, but let’s not reinvent history, and let’s also not forget most people on here were calling him a top bloke when he signed a new contract after his family were caught up in an armed robbery at home. He’s a moody fucker not the fucking devil

Last edited:
Didn’t hear them say any such thing, it was due to the fact that they’re skint and couldn’t register him surely. Like everyone else I am glad he has gone and we’ve got a fee and saved his wages, but let’s not reinvent history, and let’s also not forget most people on here were calling him a top bloke when he signed a new contract after his family were caught up in an armed robbery at home. He’s a moody fucker not the fucking devil.
It was reported on Aug 20 that Barca was not happy with his attitude and several senior players were pissed off by him.
Ok, ‘Twas the Mail mainly, so a pinch of salt required.

It was reported on Aug 20 that Barca was not happy with his attitude and several senior players were pissed off by him.
Ok, ‘Twas the Mail mainly, so a pinch of salt required.
Or could be complete made up bollocks like most football stuff - did the journalist “hear something” or “was he told”. No source no doubt, they are all at it, none more so than the Fail. Like I said I’m glad he’s gone but he isn’t the devil

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.