Joao Cancelo | Al Hilal Player

The only favour we have done Barcelona is to rightly play that friendly last season for that poor fella with that horrible illness.

The narrative that we bend over for them is frankly absurd, we sold them a very average Torres for a good fee. They are paying the scheduled payments on time (most deals are done this way) and they do not owe us any outstanding money.

They tried to low ball us for Eric Garcia and we refused to sell. Instead he joined on a free a year later after we made numerous attempts to renew his contract (thank fuck we didn’t).

We made numerous attempts to re-sign gundogan and tried desperately to keep him from joining Barcelona. They have also tried to sign Bernardo silva numerous times and we refused to sell each time.

And now we have a very bad dressing room influence heading there on loan as no other club will take the mard arse. we are in a terrible negotiating position re cancelo (no club in their right mind will pay a fee for him as they know we are desperate to get rid) The fact we have offloaded him for a year is great news as far as I’m concerned.

Reading how city continue to bend over for Barcelona on any club related transfer is almost as tiresome as reading the posters who can’t grasp what a Twitter aggregator is.

Last edited:
Cancelo probably had the most successful season possible to a professional footballer last season, as he won the treble here and also the Bundesliga too.

Cancelo probably had the most successful season possible to a professional footballer last season, as he won the treble here and also the Bundesliga too.

He becomes the 3rd or 4th player to win two league titles in one season. But he hasn't been given a CL or FA cup medal, that has been said. And they don't go down as his 'honours' in the statistics books.

Even if they did, I'd argue Alvarez had the more successful season.

He becomes the 3rd or 4th player to win two league titles in one season. But he hasn't been given a CL or FA cup medal, that has been said. And they don't go down as his 'honours' in the statistics books.

Even if they did, I'd argue Alvarez had the more successful season.
That surprises me as he played in both competitions.

Whilst Alvarez won the World Cup, it’s still more likely to happen than a transfer between two clubs that both win their leagues.

Barcelona going to pull out pants down because you can see Cancelo only wants Barcelona Pep don't want him in our squad so I'll be shocked he doesn't goes there on loan and we paying majority of his wages with no obligation to buy..

Barcelona going to pull out pants down because you can see Cancelo only wants Barcelona Pep don't want him in our squad so I'll be shocked he doesn't goes there on loan and we paying majority of his wages with no obligation to buy..
Looks like him going to Barcelona with no obligation to buy is a real possibility now. Still think it would be better to just tell him that there is zero chance we will accept any no obligation offer and tell him he can train with the u21s the entire year before next summers Euros if his agent cant bring in a single offer that includes a fee. His agent is "superagent" Jorge Mendes, of course he could bring in another offer, they are just trying to force his move to Barcelona. I'm certain he would be open to a Saudi move after our window have closed (the Saudi window closes 3 weeks after ours) if his alternative is to not play football at all for a year.

Prepare to be shocked then because there is a loan fee, Barca paying his wages and by all accounts, a mandatory purchase option if he plays in 70% of the games and Barca qualify for last 16 in CL.

Whilst Alvarez won the World Cup, it’s still more likely to happen than a transfer between two clubs that both win their leagues.

How many players have won the world cup and treble in the same season? Given this is the first world cup to happen during a season, I'd go with none.

Cancelo played 31 minutes in the FA Cup. Not really enough to argue he deserves a medal, don't think anyone can argue he should get one.

The CL he had 5 appearences in the group stages. But none in the 7 games of the knockout stages. I would see an arguement there that he may deserve it. But given he played for another club in the more meaningful part of the competiton, I can also see the arguement that he didn't 'win' the champions league, not being part of the team that went on to win it. Either way, the club made the decision not to give it to him, and as such it isn't in the official statistics and books.

Even if it was, still think Alvarez would trump him with a once every 4 years (or lifetime for some) World Cup over a yearly Bundesliga title.

For your pub quiz knowledge.

Cancelo is one of 4 players to win two league titles in one season.

Alvarez is one of only 3 to win a world cup and league title in the same season. Messi and Otamendi being the other two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.