Joao Cancelo | Al Hilal Player

Prepare to be shocked then because there is a loan fee, Barca paying his wages and by all accounts, a mandatory purchase option if he plays in 70% of the games and Barca qualify for last 16 in CL.

I would indeed be shocked.

I'm willing to bet you there is no loan fee.

Also happy to bet Barcelona will not be paying his wages, not in full at least.

Btw, the only senior players we loaned whose wages we didn't pay, were Dzeko and Angelino. Mangala, Adebayor, Bony, Nasri, Negredo, Jovetic, Balotelli, RCS etc, were all reported to have us paying either all or most of their wages.

its pretty sad it has got to this stage in his career. Being panned off on loan, because your parent club wants you as far away from the team as possible.

(yes yes, he's still playing at the top level, earning a fortune etc, but for a professional footballer to be in this position is quite embarrassing)

For your pub quiz knowledge.

Cancelo is one of 4 players to win two league titles in one season.

Alvarez is one of only 3 to win a world cup and league title in the same season. Messi and Otamendi being the other two.
By the same logic, Cancelo is the only player to win a domestic treble and another league title. However much you downplay it, he was involved in all 4 competition wins, medal or not.

Looks like him going to Barcelona with no obligation to buy is a real possibility now. Still think it would be better to just tell him that there is zero chance we will accept any no obligation offer and tell him he can train with the u21s the entire year before next summers Euros if his agent cant bring in a single offer that includes a fee. His agent is "superagent" Jorge Mendes, of course he could bring in another offer, they are just trying to force his move to Barcelona. I'm certain he would be open to a Saudi move after our window have closed (the Saudi window closes 3 weeks after ours) if his alternative is to not play football at all for a year.

Pep won't want that him turning up everyday even for the u21 when Silva is his mate and maybe a few others too. He Will go it's what we will get for him loan wise..

By the same logic, Cancelo is the only player to win a domestic treble and another league title. However much you downplay it, he was involved in all 4 competition wins, medal or not.

Sure. Apart from he didn't win the domestic treble. He played in some games for a side that went on to win the domestic treble.

If however you do want to go with your take over the official record books, it then comes down to what you value more, the World Cup or a Bundesliga title. I would guess most footballers would say the world cup. Which is what I said initially.

Pep won't want that him turning up everyday even for the u21 when Silva is his mate and maybe a few others too. He Will go it's what we will get for him loan wise..
Cancelo wont want to turn up for the u21s everyday either and would most likely accept a move to Saudi if that was his only alternative.

Sure. Apart from he didn't win the domestic treble. He played in some games for a side that went on to win the domestic treble.

If however you do want to go with your take over the official record books, it then comes down to what you value more, the World Cup or a Bundesliga title. I would guess most footballers would say the world cup. Which is what I said initially.
Might as well take his league medals off him as he probably didn’t do enough for either team to win them the titles.

Plus, Phillips, Carson and all the other players that didn’t actually do much to gain their medals should return their medals and never be mentioned in any history books.

Might as well take his league medals off him as he probably didn’t do enough for either team to win them the titles.

Plus, Phillips, Carson and all the other players that didn’t actually do much to gain their medals should return their medals and never be mentioned in any history books.

The league is slightly different, 5 games and you qualify. Keepers have a different metric and bench appearances count.

But we are getting pedantic now.

Are you actually seriously arguing Cancelo had a more successful season than Alvarez?

If you are, so be it. I would guess you would likely be a one off, against both official and unofficial metrics. Part of the beauty of opinions.

The league is slightly different, 5 games and you qualify. Keepers have a different metric and bench appearances count.

But we are getting pedantic now.

Are you actually seriously arguing Cancelo had a more successful season than Alvarez?

If you are, so be it. I would guess you would likely be a one off, against both official and unofficial metrics. Part of the beauty of opinions.
I think they’re both incredible seasons that will never likely be done in England again.

They're slightly different as someone like Haaland isn't likely to be able to emulate Alvarez because he’s Norwegian, but he’s never likely to transfer in January, making it equally unlikely that he’d emulate Cancelo either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.