Joao Neves

Neves at this age, doing what he does, including for the Portuagal national team, his phenomenal. If you think someday, no one will surpass Rodri then you are delusional. Yes right now, Rodri is king!
I never said "no one" will ever surpass him. It is silliness to take a player in Portugal and say one day he will be better than Rodri. Nunez looked great in the Portuguese league as well. Making the jump to bigger leagues and clubs isn't easy. Rodri is arguably the best midfielder in the entire Premier League right now. In fact, ESPN just labeled him the best midfielder across all leagues.

I never said "no one" will ever surpass him. It is silliness to take a player in Portugal and say one day he will be better than Rodri. Nunez looked great in the Portuguese league as well. Making the jump to bigger leagues and clubs isn't easy. Rodri is arguably the best midfielder in the entire Premier League right now. In fact, ESPN just labeled him the best midfielder across all leagues.
I agree with that too. As I said, Rodri is king now. Neves is still sensational and at this age, he is doing things Rodri was not doing at the same age. Maybe Neves might be a flop when jumping to a bigger and tougher league, but like I mentioned, if he continues to move the way he does and develops the way he does, then Neves will be great!

If City think he's good enough they will pay the money. For me, personally, I'd go for Neves but would love to sign Guimaraes at the same time.
For me it depends on what happens in defence. If we play with 1 full back playing like a winger (like Gvardiol last season or Frimpong if we get him) we’d be fine with either Neves or Guimaraes as they would be sitting next to Rodri. If Stones/Akanji/Gvardiol play as a CB/DM next to Rodri, the midfielder would be playing ahead of the 2 DMs, which suits Bruno far more. Neves isn’t really a goal threat at all and is more suited to playing deep. Bruno can do both

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.