Joao Neves

I do wonder if Jorge Mendes could cook up a swap deal for us. Something like 85m + Bernie for Joao Neves, or along those lines anyways.

We do have a good relationship with Benfica and they've sold us some incredible players over the last decade (Dias, Ederson, Bernie). I'd assume that we're first in line with Joao Neves.
We signed Bernado from Monaco .

That would be somewhere near a 400m Spend.

Who you going to sacrifice to pay for that?

Your would have to recoup something like 60% in outgoings.

Bernardo, KDB, Grealish , Alvarez, Stones? Who?

Obviously it’s not happening mate but the players on your list there could get to £300m ish if they all wanted out?

This is an insane amount of talent on that list, and any City fan would be delighted to get these lads in, surely!
I wouldn't firstly because it would mean very good players leaving before we are ready for them to leave, secondly it's too many changes at once and goes against everything the club has done in team building that has brought the success we had, It's fantasy shiny toy stuff. How would you use those players when Rodri and Foden are taking 2 of the 3 midfield spots for the forseeable.

I wouldn't firstly because it would mean very good players leaving before we are ready for them to leave, secondly it's too many changes at once and goes against everything the club has done in team building that has brought the success we had, It's fantasy shiny toy stuff. How would you use those players when Rodri and Foden are taking 2 of the 3 midfield spots for the forseeable.
Yeah, that was fantasty football transfer wishlist and it would never happen. We could use 3 out of 5, though. Still, very unlikely right now.

if Jorge Mendes could cook up a swap deal for us. Something like 85m + Bernie for Joao Neves, or along those lines anyways.
If Bernie wanted to go to Benfica at this stage of his career, a deal would have been done already. We would not be here discussing it as a possible option. The swap between him and Neves would already be in the pipeline. The fact that it is not spoken about, means Bernie isn't ready for Benfica at this stage of his career. Too early for him and the pay cut would be ridiculous. Benfica isn't going to pay £300k wages per week!

We do have a good relationship with Benfica and they've sold us some incredible players over the last decade (Dias, Ederson, Bernie)
We certainly do have a good relationship with Benfica and the super agent Mendes. Bernie was bought from Monaco.

Not sure Bernardo would want to go to Benfica just now. He is still 29 (30 in August). That's very young to go back to Benfica. He would obviously need a massive pay-cut there, and I think he is on 300k per week as it stands with us.
Precisely.

We certainly do have a good relationship with Benfica and the super agent Mendes. Bernie was bought from Monaco.
Was already corrected by someone else higher up in the thread, but thanks for doubling down!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.