Joe Hart (continued)

blightee said:
I'm no cynic said:
Rolee said:
If it looked to him that Demichelis was going to deflect it then he should have been diving to his left surely?
Remember this first goal?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ABnHQl4PU8[/youtube]
rooney put that in the bottom corner, walcotts first was literally half a meter from pants and bounced twice before it went in, if pants had stuck a leg out he could of reached it.

Generally Joe dives anyway. In this case I think he would have saved that shot. I don't think Pants deserves to be dropped yet., but given his height, I have been a little disappointed he hasn't caught more crosses.
He's made some good saves and is brave, but having seen him for several games, I don't think he will ever be the great keeper that Joe can be. He is just too slow getting down to make the 'reflex' saves that make the difference.

hutton who blue said:
Pantillimon is making saves, dominant with crosses, larger than life on one on ones and commanding his area. I like Joe but he has dropped too many clangers to warrant a quick return to the team imo.

Lol I was gonna comment more but realized my response struck a stark resemblance to some Dzeko fanboys so deleted & gonna keep schtum.

berniethebusman said:
hutton who blue said:
Pantillimon is making saves, dominant with crosses, larger than life on one on ones and commanding his area. I like Joe but he has dropped too many clangers to warrant a quick return to the team imo.

Lol I was gonna comment more but realized my response struck a stark resemblance to some Dzeko fanboys so deleted & gonna keep schtum.
Make your comment. Don't keep "schtum." I'm a City fan. This is a forum for blues.

hutton who blue said:
berniethebusman said:
hutton who blue said:

Make your comment. Don't keep "schtum." I'm a City fan. This is a forum for blues.
Looks like he's gone . One way bus ticket. Rag central. What a shame. Enjoy your ride to europa league. If you're lucky.

I'm confident with either between the sticks to be honest.

It's good to know we have depth at keeper. I think it helps both Joe and Costsl perform better knowing that they're not the fulcrum. At a young age (for keeper) the confidence that your mistakes don't affect the team are more important than the confidence of your own abilities.

I think Panti's quick distribution suit Peller's system more, it helps our passing and counter attacking game flow from the back effectively and quickly. Unlike Hart, I think he always hold up ball far too long and give opposition times to get back to shape and come back to press us again easily.

hutton who blue said:
berniethebusman said:
NQCitizen said:
Drop the keeper that's cost us no games at all for the keeper that's cost us 2 or 3?

Till Pants has a Villa/Chelsea level cock up he's staying in for me.

All cock ups are fine then aslong as we win?

I was all for his resting but the longer this situation continues the more I fear for his long term future something I reckon is too soon to put at risk for the sake of keeping some bang average number 2 happy.
Bang average? Get your next bus to trafford.

hutton who blue said:
hutton who blue said:
berniethebusman said:
Looks like he's gone . One way bus ticket. Rag central. What a shame. Enjoy your ride to europa league. If you're lucky.
Wind it in.

I'm no cynic said:
Rolee said:
Armaan said:
To be fair to Pantillimon from where he was it definitely looked like Demichellis's head was gonna make contact with the ball and was flat footed due to that. Joe Hart fans need to understand neither of these Pellegrini fancies, he'll be getting his own keeper in soon.

If it looked to him that Demichelis was going to deflect it then he should have been diving to his left surely?

Of course I remember it but what's it got to do with my post?

hutton who blue said:
berniethebusman said:
hutton who blue said:

I shall not keep schtum for him then, your comment was stupid, what is your timescale for a quick return to the team? In regards to Pantillimon, at matches you'll hear a rather large groan as roughly once per game he comes out and punches a ball straight to the penalty spot. He hasn't made that many one on one saves, I'd guess Joe has made just as many when coming in for him. And by larger than life I think just large would of sufficed.

Pantillimon is a good 2nd keeper, not a great one.

Edit: Ironically you left out the rather large flaw in Joe's game which Pants is doing well, which is distribution. Pants gets rid of it very quickly and has faith in Ferna/Yaya to deal with it as they almost always do. Joe needs to work on getting the ball from his hands and into these two as quickly as possible.

Rolee said:
I'm no cynic said:
Rolee said:

Of course I remember it but what's it got to do with my post?
Nothing in particular, except as a general observation of how the thread is going. Costel's critics are accusing him of being at fault by being flat footed, but I have pictured this goal to remind people that Joe can do likewise. Costel therefore cannot be dropped for this mistake, if that is what it was, as he is not the only keeper to be caught out this way, Joe being one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.