Joe Hart (continued)

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Hart better not mess up again soon or Pellers will look to bring in another goalie. I feel sorry for Pants, for me he's being dropped not for his form or anything but because of the fact Hart's England's number 1 and he's the blue eyed boy. Pellers is taking a big gamble here and he'll be crossing every finger and toe that Hart plays well.
If Joe was foreign he would still be on the bench now, I just don't think Joe is good enough for where we're heading.
Its up to Hart to put in a solid second half of the season or he'll be gone. Good luck to him though I hope he improves and continues to work hard and concentrates on his game.

"I said from the beginning my teams never play with names, they play with performance. "

Was Pellegrini lying when he said this?

I don't understand this line of thinking. Today Hart played great. The defense was shaky, but we've seen it be shaky all year. It isn't the keeper, it is that we have no stability on the back line. The injuries have not allowed us to establish a group that can learn to play well together. Constant churn hurts regardless of the keeper. Pants played decently, but he still allowed a few goals that he shouldn't during his time as #1.

David Harrell

Joe is the better overall keeper, Pants was maybe at fault for Gunners' first last week, and most importantly, Hart has probably learnt his lesson and stepped up to another level in training. 'Great' that Hart was not to blame at any of the goals.

Whether the defensive line trusts Hart or not is up to discussion though. Some dubious moments when AK chested the ball out to a corner and the own goal by Vinnie, but this is straw clutching really.

Arguing the relative merits/faults of a goalkeeper on this forum is fine. Unfortunately tempers rise and objectivity is lost and what ensues descends into personal, trivial and nit picking bickering. I was happy Joe Hart had a good game today and hope if he is selected in the team by the manager in forthcoming games he rewards the team with similar displays without the inexcusable blunders he undoubtedly committed before his exclusion from the side.

If anyone thinks MP has picked joe because he is English and has been influenced by the press is deluded and I would expect is probably under the age of 16. MP watches training, has a goalkeeping coach, performance analysis and has two assistants to aid his decision making process. The Press will not be on the list. MP doesn't give a toss about the media, watch his press conferences, in essence they are boring, he gives one word answers as much as possible and the media hacks hate him for it. Joe is back in because MP considers he is the better keeper and I for one will not disagree with him. Pantillimon has done a good 2nd keepers job but that's exactly what he is. Joe is still under pressure because if he is found wanting MP will bring in a new first choice keeper. I for one hope we don't need to spend any cash for on his day joe is an excellent keeper.

Oils said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
I prefer Pants, at the moment, I somehow think Joe's not ready just yet.
Why do u think that?

Hart is suspect with corners, decisions on when to leave his line and distribution. Ok he may be working on it, I dont see anything in Pants game that deserved dropping him. Also I dont agree there should be automatic No1 positions. I respect everyones opinion on the forum, this is just mine.

Must admit I don't really understand the fixation with goalkeepers' distribution. One of Hart's clearances yesterday sailed into touch near the half way line giving Fulham a throw in in a fairly harmless position. This bloke behind me went mental. A couple of minutes later a pass from one of our midfield players went astray giving Fulham the chance to break and there was barely a murmur.

It worries me when Hart dilly dallies on the ball with a forward bearing down on him. But apart from that I'm not really expecting him to be our most creative player. One great save is worth a dozen pinpoint clearances.

cibaman said:
Must admit I don't really understand the fixation with goalkeepers' distribution. One of Hart's clearances yesterday sailed into touch near the half way line giving Fulham a throw in in a fairly harmless position. This bloke behind me went mental. A couple of minutes later a pass from one of our midfield players went astray giving Fulham the chance to break and there was barely a murmur.

It worries me when Hart dilly dallies on the ball with a forward bearing down on him. But apart from that I'm not really expecting him to be our most creative player. One great save is worth a dozen pinpoint clearances.

Chances are that if you give the ball away cheaply you will have to make more than one great save.

I feel sorry for Pantillimon, its not like he's done anything wrong to warrant being dropped. He's probably good enough to be the 1st choice for a bottom half championship club.

coppinater99 said:
I feel sorry for Pantillimon, its not like he's done anything wrong to warrant being dropped. He's probably good enough to be the 1st choice for a bottom half championship club.

He was awful last week,he should be first choice for someone just not us as imo joe is better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.