Joe Hart (continued)

forevermancity said:
cookster said:
jay_mcfc said:
So much so that they go walkabouts for goals and then score others themselves? Well played, Joe.

Watch the reply, Komps pauses slightly cause he doesn't know if Joe is gonna come or stay!

Nothing to do with the wind or the cut on his eye?

Some on here can't wait for joe to fail and are trying to clutch at straws here with the most pathetic things, dreaming up scenarios

They've done that for ages, underlined with the biggest LIE of all - that Pantilimon somehow has 'superior distribution'.

A bigger load of bollocks it would be impossible to find.

Puppet Master Silva said:
NQCitizen said:
As opposed to the numerous clean sheets we kept when he was out of the team?

Spurs, Swansea, Norwich. 3/7.

Proper busy during those games wasn't he. Arsenal he had a few things to do and we all saw what happened.

Yes, we beat the league leaders 6-3 by largely abandoning defensive strategy. I could point out that Villa and Chelsea gave Hart little to do yet we saw what happened there. I didn't argue that he was busy anyway - you asked for the clean sheets, there they are.

NQCitizen said:
NQCitizen said:
Spurs, Swansea, Norwich. 3/7.

Proper busy during those games wasn't he. Arsenal he had a few things to do and we all saw what happened.

Yes, we beat the league leaders 6-3 by largely abandoning defensive strategy. I could point out that Villa and Chelsea gave Hart little to do yet we saw what happened there. I didn't argue that he was busy anyway - you asked for the clean sheets, there they are.

I could go and post Joe's clean sheets over the last 3 years... may take a bit of time though.

NQCitizen said:

I could go and post Joe's clean sheets over the last 3 years... may take a bit of time though.

I haven't asked you to. I made one point that the defence looked less comfortable in front of Joe, some people agreed. It's a completely different defence tactically anyway, so you might be best comparing the keepers under Pellegrini. Hart was a great keeper behind a very deep and solid defence, which isn't the role he's asked to play now and in the now much more prominent gap between defence and keeper there seems to me to be a massive degree of uncertainty on the pitch.

If the ball doesn't bobble up, Kompany doesn't slice his clearance and score an OG. He would have instead cleared it, and nothing would have been thought of it.

A freak goal, nothing more. If there's blame to be had, it's the high line and ball watching that was had on the left side of defence, it was too easy for him to slip that ball through and then get a cross in. Stop the cross from happening, you stop the goal.

Joe's the better keeper.

Pants has done a good job and is a vital member of the squad but let's have it right, he's not out of the top drawer

Joe's had his dip in form, he's had the reality check of being dropped for a long time but he didn't sulk and woman he just got on with his job and sorted it out.

There's nout to gain by resting/dropping him any more.

We'll concede a lot more goals this season than a title challenging side should but that's down to Pelle and his style of play not Joe or Pants.

cookster said:
jay_mcfc said:
cookster said:
Afraid so, looks to me as the defenders have lost all confidence in Joe.

Freak own goal but indecision caused it.

So much so that they go walkabouts for goals and then score others themselves? Well played, Joe.

Watch the reply, Komps pauses slightly cause he doesn't know if Joe is gonna come or stay!
There's no pause at all, he simply slows down and steadies himself, not that it did much use.

People are always going to magnify Joe's performance from now on though I suppose.

Some good saves. Kicking was average although weather conditions didn't help. I enjoyed having Pantillimon in but must admit Joe is a better keeper and don't agree with the comments re the defence looking more confident with Pants there. Think the 'rest' will have done Hart good and Pants should be in for FA and League Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.