Joe Hart (continued)

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Joe was quality tonight as expected. Yes the rush of the line bit is an issue but it's also true that on both the last occasions he has done it he would have cleared the ball but for the poor centre half not getting in the way.
as far as Joe is concerned centre halves should defer to his arrival at the point of action, they are merely impediments, and who can argue with that?

RandomJ said:
kenzie115 said:
RandomJ said:
If your looking for a keeper who will never make a mistake then you will be looking your whole miserable life. The best you hope for is they keep the errors down. Hart got dropped, has been working hard, had a good game and deserves a recall.

Hart got dropped for making poor decisions, he made another poor decision tonight, I fail to see any improvement in this area. Yes he made some good saves, but as I've said repeatedly, this has never really been a cause for concern.

Ok answer me this. Do you accept the possibility that Hart's "poor decision making" is not entirely his fault? Our defence has been anything but settled and they haven't exactly played well either. He's had Garcia in front of him ffs. Like tonight Smalling was a liability so Hart had no trust in him and didn't think he could handle that ball so shouted for the ball and came for it and Smalling ignored him hence the collision.

When Hart has a settled defence who he trusts and knows exactly what they will do during the game then he will know when to come for the ball and when to stay on his line. A settled defence is very important for a keeper and when it keeps getting switched it causes confusion. This isn't to say Joe hasnt been at fault for some goals because he has but your being very unfair on him after he just spared England's blushes once again.

If this had only been a problem this year I'd agree with you but he's been making errors like this for a while, just not as frequently because we've played a deeper defensive line. In 2010/11 (I think) he had a cock up with Kolo which led to Blackburn scoring, in 2011/12 he came rushing out but got nowhere near the ball and Defoe rounded him to score to name a couple of examples.

I just don't think he's a very good decision maker so isn't suited to a team playing possession football with a high defensive line. If he can improve then great but certainly in the short term I think we need someone better. I fear though that he won't improve quickly enough and will want regular first team football because he is an excellent keeper. Unfortunately, I can't see him being here in 2 years time. Hope I'm wrong though.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Showed his metal tonight did Joe, although as well as he played tonight I still see Panti starting Sunday.

surely all clear-thinking City supporters stand four square behind Joe for a triumphant return to his rightful place between our sticks on Sunday?

On the second occasion he came rushing off his line he managed to put the player off enough for hm to put it over...if he hadnt come out tjey wpuld have probably scored a second

Len Rum said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Showed his metal tonight did Joe, although as well as he played tonight I still see Panti starting Sunday.
Yeah, shame those England performances don't count.
Of course they count, you don't think MP will have watched his game, or have had it watched, of course he will. I won't be calling for a change on Sunday, but there is little doubt that Hart is a better keeper than Pantillimon, and in every other position in the team, in the big games, you pick the best player for the position. If so its Hart, and Spurs will be delighted if its not. Giving him a break from the limelight was a good decision, picking him again on Sunday would also be a good decision imho, though I won't criticise MP if he doesn't, he can also change things next Wednesday.

Len Rum said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
You're obsessed aren't you Len.
A quick search of your posts showed me you'd made over one hundred.yes, one hundred+ posts on him. Enough to have a ten page thread filled with your oen bile. Must make you a very proud man indeed.

Back to tonights game. Being as its the only bench mark we have on Joes progress it would be pretty shortsighted by the management to ignore it don't you think?

cleavers said:
Len Rum said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Of course they count, you don't think MP will have watched his game, or have had it watched, of course he will. I won't be calling for a change on Sunday, but there is little doubt that Hart is a better keeper than Pantillimon, and in every other position in the team, in the big games, you pick the best player for the position. If so its Hart, and Spurs will be delighted if its not. Giving him a break from the limelight was a good decision, picking him again on Sunday would also be a good decision imho, though I won't criticise MP if he doesn't, he can also change things next Wednesday.
you seem to be in the process of changing your mind on this, if so well done!

cleavers said:
Len Rum said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Yes, they do count mate, just having a pop at the Gaylord

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.