Joe Hart (continued)

cleavers said:
George Hannah said:
you seem to be in the process of changing your mind on this, if so well done!
Not at all. I've never for one minute thought Pantillimon was better than Hart, but I thought Hart needed a break, and he was rightly left out. I will welcome him back when MP says its time. Quite simple really.
well you got it right in the end then, let's hope Manuel does.

Len Rum said:
cleavers said:
Len Rum said:
Yeah, shame those England performances don't count.
Of course they count, you don't think MP will have watched his game, or have had it watched, of course he will. I won't be calling for a change on Sunday, but there is little doubt that Hart is a better keeper than Pantillimon, and in every other position in the team, in the big games, you pick the best player for the position. If so its Hart, and Spurs will be delighted if its not. Giving him a break from the limelight was a good decision, picking him again on Sunday would also be a good decision imho, though I won't criticise MP if he doesn't, he can also change things next Wednesday.
Yes, they do count mate, just having a pop at the Gaylord
Pop away all you like Lenny boy I've plenty to go round.

This is an ideal moment to bring back Hart - on the back of a good performance where he is getting praise.

If we are without Kompany for Sunday, then we need Hart as he organises the defence. Joe Hart bosses the defence

George Hannah said:
well you got it right in the end then, let's hope Manuel does.
Got what right ? He needed a break, and he was given one, he was mostly good tonight, only Townsend, Jagielka, and Lallana were better for England, but we're not England, we're City, and the best interests of City were served by giving Hart a much needed break. He clearly wasn't in the right place mentally after Chelsea, so I saw it as good management, is that OK with you ? Hopefully he is now in better mental shape, if so the rest will have done him good.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Len Rum said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Showed his metal tonight did Joe, although as well as he played tonight I still see Panti starting Sunday.
You're obsessed aren't you Len.
A quick search of your posts showed me you'd made over one hundred.yes, one hundred+ posts on him. Enough to have a ten page thread filled with your oen bile. Must make you a very proud man indeed.

Back to tonights game. Being as its the only bench mark we have on Joes progress it would be pretty shortsighted by the management to ignore it don't you think?
Yes it would be shortsighted, but you decreed his England performances didn't count, n'est ce pas?

Len Rum said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Len Rum said:
You're obsessed aren't you Len.
A quick search of your posts showed me you'd made over one hundred.yes, one hundred+ posts on him. Enough to have a ten page thread filled with your oen bile. Must make you a very proud man indeed.

Back to tonights game. Being as its the only bench mark we have on Joes progress it would be pretty shortsighted by the management to ignore it don't you think?
Yes it would be shortsighted, but you decreed his England performances didn't count, n'est ce pas?
Let it go Lenny boy before it eats you up.
I'd like to say you're better than that but unfortunately I've no evidence to substantiate that compliment.

kenzie115 said:
Davs 19 said:
kenzie115 said:
It doesn't matter that it didn't cost a goal, it could have and if he continues to make the same mistakes, it will do eventually, and it'll be more than likely when he's playing for us.

Anyone who watched him tonight and thinks the problem's solved didn't really understand the problem in the first place.

Wow. Just wow.....I'm sure we all bow to your superior knowledge....30 odd years of watching City and playing ithe game at a half decent level for a few years was all to naught.....

So you have no fears that he might come rushing out of his goal on Sunday and risk costing us a goal?

No... I do have a fear that you have an agenda

simon23 said:
On the second occasion he came rushing off his line he managed to put the player off enough for hm to put it over...if he hadnt come out tjey wpuld have probably scored a second
Correct, and the reason he has started coming off his line is because he has dithering defenders in front of him like Smalling.

Hart and Kompany together, or proper England centre-backs and there wouldn't be a point for discussion

I got the impression from MP's comments that he would be dropped for more than 2 games, I doubt a half decent performance for England by Joe will change his opinion on that-Especially as Pants hasn't done anything to be deserved to be dropped.

I have no opinion either way on who should start on Sunday, this is just my opinion on what is going through the managers mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.