Joe Hart (continued)

Marvin said:
This is an ideal moment to bring back Hart - on the back of a good performance where he is getting praise.

If we are without Kompany for Sunday, then we need Hart as he organises the defence. Joe Hart bosses the defence
You mean our shit defense that let's bottom half teams look like atletico Madrid?

Marvin said:
This is an ideal moment to bring back Hart - on the back of a good performance where he is getting praise.

If we are without Kompany for Sunday, then we need Hart as he organises the defence. Joe Hart bosses the defence
You being serious ?

Marvin said:

If we are without Kompany for Sunday, then we need Hart as he organises the defence. Joe Hart bosses the defence[/size

Someone hasnt been paying attention.

I believe Joe was dropped because his poor overall play and not just because of him failing to make some saves(which is a factor though). His shot-stopping ability is still one of the best in the league but more is required of a goalkeeper than that.
Goalkeepers in possesion-based teams must be good at playing the sweeper role effectively, having good distribution(something Valdes does efficiently for Barcelona) which means being able to make accurate passes to midfielders even when under pressure.

So unless Pellegrini is satisfied with Joe's play, i don't think we will be seeing him back in the team anytime soon. Although Pantilimon is not a very good replacement either.
An example: <a class="postlink" href="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kf9Wz0h7DA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kf9Wz0h7DA</a>
Note the passes at 0:40 and 1:14

Joe's problem isn't ability , or shot stopping. Its his decision making that makes him a liability. If he gets that right we really do have a world class keeper on our books.

If not we have to go and get one. We are Manchester city and we are going to the very top of the football tree.we need the best in every position we can.

levets said:
kenzie115 said:
Davs 19 said:
Wow. Just wow.....I'm sure we all bow to your superior knowledge....30 odd years of watching City and playing ithe game at a half decent level for a few years was all to naught.....

So you have no fears that he might come rushing out of his goal on Sunday and risk costing us a goal?

No... I do have a fear that you have an agenda

What agenda would that be then? Because unless you think I'm Pantillimon, or his agent, I can't understand how I could have an agenda.

Before the match I though Costel should play against Spurs, Joe against Plzen.

Before the rush of blood moment I'd come round to the idea of re-instating Hart on Sunday. Take advantage of the confidence he would have gained from his performance.

After the rush of blood moment, I haven't a clue who should play on Sunday. Yesterday showed just how talented a keeper Hart is. But seemed to indicate that decision making issues still persist.

Over to you Pelle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.