Joe Hart (continued)

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Sounds like we looking at this guy as Hart's backup.....maybe we trying to save money! ;)

Manchester City line up move for free agent goalkeeper Keiren Westwood as Joe Hart's back-up

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-line-up-move-3701190#ixzz34keCnzg0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z34keCnzg0</a>
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

The former Sunderland goalkeeper is now a free agent, and City may choose to make him their new backup in place of Costel Pantilimon

Manchester City are ready to make a surprise move for free-agent keeper Keiren Westwood as Joe Hart’s new No.2.

Republic of Ireland star Westwood has left Sunderland and is looking for a club – with City keen to take him on as Costel Pantilimon heads out.

29-year-old Westwood has plenty of experience and may be ideal for the role and the fact there is no fee also helps City at this stage.

Far-travelled Westwood comes from Manchester and was with City as a kid, so it would be an emotional return for him.

Hart has now established himself as the top man under manager Manuel Pellegrini and Pantilimon’s desire to play elsewhere has created a problem.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-line-up-move-3701190#ixzz34kfxAP9W" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z34kfxAP9W</a>
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

the fucking Mirror??

Probably been posted elsewhere, but funny to see Hart's reaction after Pirlo's freekick on Saturday night when the ballboy doesn't return the ball quick enough:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bZwr2FeC_Q[/video]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2014/joe-hart-vs-andrea-pirlo-3703342" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... lo-3703342</a>

Never seen him lose it like this

stonerblue said:
Not content with slagging him off all season when he plays for us, the usual suspects in this thread can't seem to wait to slag him off for England as well.

There were times when he deserved criticism last season, however I can't see that he did much wrong in the Italy game. He had to come out and close down Mario in the incident where it was cleared off the line as his back four were caught square and static by Mario's run. The first goal came through a forest of legs and once again the back four were all over the place for the 2nd goal. His kicking wasn't great but what else is new?

I think the poster who called his performance 'indifferent' got it spot on. He didnt drop a clanger as well as he didnt perform heroics. Im not sure there was too much he could have done for both goals and for Pirlo's free kick, i think instead of blaming the goalie we should credit the brilliance of Pirlo, it was a ridiculous shot, almost like a knuckle ball.

lancs blue said:
stonerblue said:
Not content with slagging him off all season when he plays for us, the usual suspects in this thread can't seem to wait to slag him off for England as well.

There were times when he deserved criticism last season, however I can't see that he did much wrong in the Italy game. He had to come out and close down Mario in the incident where it was cleared off the line as his back four were caught square and static by Mario's run. The first goal came through a forest of legs and once again the back four were all over the place for the 2nd goal. His kicking wasn't great but what else is new?
There was a hard shot straight at him from distance in the first half which he should have held but he allowed it to bounce back into play off his chest. Lucky it didn't fall to an Italian player.

super_city_si said:
I think the poster who called his performance 'indifferent' got it spot on. He didnt drop a clanger as well as he didnt perform heroics. Im not sure there was too much he could have done for both goals and for Pirlo's free kick, i think instead of blaming the goalie we should credit the brilliance of Pirlo, it was a ridiculous shot, almost like a knuckle ball.
I'm puzzled by posts like this, you say his performance was "indifferent" but that there was nothing he could do about the goals or Pirlo's free kick.
How is he supposed to "perform heroics" exactly if there's nothing he could do about the goals? Doesn't that make it a good performance from him rather than indifferent?

Len Rum said:
lancs blue said:
stonerblue said:

There was a hard shot straight at him from distance in the first half which he should have held but he allowed it to bounce back into play off his chest. Lucky it didn't fall to an Italian player.
That shot like Pirlo's free kick was swerving and dipping, he did well just to get his body behind it. You're going to see some pearlers from free kicks and long range shots due to the hot humid air and the new ball.

ColinLee said:
Len Rum said:
lancs blue said:
That shot like Pirlo's free kick was swerving and dipping, he did well just to get his body behind it. You're going to see some pearlers from free kicks and long range shots due to the hot humid air and the new ball.
Come on. It was straight at him. It would have been more difficult to get out of the way.
As for the new ball it's flight is supposedly truer than the balls previously used. Only Pirlo has managed to bend it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.