Joe Hart (continued)

Lavinda Past said:
xenon_ said:
World Class. He's soaking in the experience necessary to hit those GK legend heights, and with City, he will certainly get to that status, but as far as ability; reflexes, agility etc, he's a ridiuclously talented player. We have a diamond and when he retires and we look back, we will all see it.

But yeah, he had a dip in form this season, but Pelligrini handled it well and he's come back, made some great saves and not put a foot wrong. The tone of the last few pages on this thread really surprised me. There's nothing wrong with being a doubter, if that's how you feel but wow, Joe Hart? I didn't think there'd be so many doubters.

Joe is nowhere near world class. He is nowhere near being 'ridiculously talented'. Blue-tinted spectacles are fine, but you need to take them off every now and then, He's a good keeper in a very good team.

I agree with Tim's assessment, that Joe has not improved over the past two seasons, but has actually gone backwards. From an international point of view, he's the best English keeper around at the moment, but I suspect he'll be overtaken if he doesn't 'up' his all-round game - particularly distribution, which is rarely better than poor.

For those posters who think Joe will still be at City in 10 years... Don't get too upset when he's gone within the next three years.

Evening. Not too long ago you thought he wouldn't be here next season. A wise repositioning as he's the best keeper in the Prem and we'd pay a ridiculous amount to get someone better, even if they were available. Sometimes you just don't realise what you've had 'til it's gone.

Davs 19 said:
Lavinda Past said:
xenon_ said:
World Class. He's soaking in the experience necessary to hit those GK legend heights, and with City, he will certainly get to that status, but as far as ability; reflexes, agility etc, he's a ridiuclously talented player. We have a diamond and when he retires and we look back, we will all see it.

But yeah, he had a dip in form this season, but Pelligrini handled it well and he's come back, made some great saves and not put a foot wrong. The tone of the last few pages on this thread really surprised me. There's nothing wrong with being a doubter, if that's how you feel but wow, Joe Hart? I didn't think there'd be so many doubters.

Joe is nowhere near world class. He is nowhere near being 'ridiculously talented'. Blue-tinted spectacles are fine, but you need to take them off every now and then, He's a good keeper in a very good team.

I agree with Tim's assessment, that Joe has not improved over the past two seasons, but has actually gone backwards. From an international point of view, he's the best English keeper around at the moment, but I suspect he'll be overtaken if he doesn't 'up' his all-round game - particularly distribution, which is rarely better than poor.

For those posters who think Joe will still be at City in 10 years... Don't get too upset when he's gone within the next three years.

Evening. Not too long ago you thought he wouldn't be here next season. A wise repositioning as he's the best keeper in the Prem and we'd pay a ridiculous amount to get someone better, even if they were available. Sometimes you just don't realise what you've had 'til it's gone.

Evening Dave!

I did say 'within'. A little bit of bet hedging never doid anyone any harm...

:-)

He's world class to me, dammit!

Top 5 in the world. No one better in the Premiership, which is the best league in the world. And I take my specs off for bed only.

Lavinda Past said:
Davs 19 said:
Lavinda Past said:

Evening Dave!

I did say 'within'. A little bit of bet hedging never doid anyone any harm...

:-)

Is true TBF ;.)

Hes still young is our Joe and he will continue to improve. He has the drive and the determination but just needs to calm down a bit and not rush things. If you look at the best goalkeepers Neuer and Coutois, they have that calm, confident assurance, they don't flap or panic.

RandomJ said:
Tim of the Oak said:
stonerblue said:
Not for Tim it's not.
I think he's hit Joe with every accusation possible. I particularly like his insightful analysis that concluded Joe was shit because he did too many adverts.

Thanks Stonerblue

Joe is a good keeper and we are lucky to have him but he hasn't improved in 3 years. One addition angle to consider is was Joe screaming at Cahill to track Squarez's run with 5 minutes to go. I have helped out with FA coaching courses in goals and this communication is seen as a key part of te keeper's role. Hopefully, Joe was helping the defence out through shouting advice to them.

I would like to see Txiki offer £30m plus Joe for Neuer to turn us into genuine Champs League contenders. With Safna on board and Fernando coming (and possibly Zuccilini) that would complete our Summer spending. I know it is a big if but I would love to see Neuer at City.

Oh well why didn't you tell us you've helped out on FA coaching course? We need to get on the phone immediately to City and England's coaching staff and tell them coach Tim thinks Hart isn't good enough and then get on the phone with who looks after City's transfer deals and tell them that their targets are all wrong and Tim says to go in for Neuer.

Thanks for agreeing with me mate. I usually play in defence or holding midfield so I was helping out. I am more Baresi than Zoff.

Let's not forget that our buys were shambolicnafter we won the league two years ago. Time to get some real competition in for Joe.

robinhood CITY said:
Head and shoulders above any other keeper.
ba_dum_tss_pirates_band_of_misfits.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.