Joe Hart (continued)

madchester said:
oakiecokie said:
For the idiots who keep blaming him for flapping at the corners I suggest you look again as to who was at fault !! Twice Baines moved from the near post to the far post from the two corners,where Joe was left exposed and did very well to push away.
Absolute barmpops some of you daft fuckers who have never played nor participated in the game.Armchair critics ... I`ve shit `em.

Spot On !!!!! Baines moves to early , If you have a player taking an inswinging corner player covers front post ,& moves to back post if ball is hit long to back post, Baines moved to early, & continues to do so after Suarez had twice gone for nearpost !!! Suicidal defending & poor decision making, by Baines, but has coaching killed the natural decision making of players, who just follow instructions instead of using initative .

I think it was the 2nd corner Baines was actually stood behind the line behind Hart! I have no idea what he'd of done if the ball woulda been passed Hart as the fucking thing would have already passed the line!

Tim of the Oak said:
stonerblue said:
Chris in London said:
It's easier to count his clean sheets against us

Not for Tim it's not.
I think he's hit Joe with every accusation possible. I particularly like his insightful analysis that concluded Joe was shit because he did too many adverts.

Thanks Stonerblue

Joe is a good keeper and we are lucky to have him but he hasn't improved in 3 years. One addition angle to consider is was Joe screaming at Cahill to track Squarez's run with 5 minutes to go. I have helped out with FA coaching courses in goals and this communication is seen as a key part of te keeper's role. Hopefully, Joe was helping the defence out through shouting advice to them.

I would like to see Txiki offer £30m plus Joe for Neuer to turn us into genuine Champs League contenders. With Safna on board and Fernando coming (and possibly Zuccilini) that would complete our Summer spending. I know it is a big if but I would love to see Neuer at City.

Oh well why didn't you tell us you've helped out on FA coaching course? We need to get on the phone immediately to City and England's coaching staff and tell them coach Tim thinks Hart isn't good enough and then get on the phone with who looks after City's transfer deals and tell them that their targets are all wrong and Tim says to go in for Neuer.

Look at it this way, every player in their career will go through at least one form slump of significance. Just because his form dropped, it does not take away from him qualities, because as of right now, he has recovered it. If he wasn't a top player, or was on a slippery slope to mediocrity he wouldn't get it back. I don't doubt his quality. He make some excellent saves for us in the second half of the season, which again helped us win the title.

World Class. He's soaking in the experience necessary to hit those GK legend heights, and with City, he will certainly get to that status, but as far as ability; reflexes, agility etc, he's a ridiuclously talented player. We have a diamond and when he retires and we look back, we will all see it.

But yeah, he had a dip in form this season, but Pelligrini handled it well and he's come back, made some great saves and not put a foot wrong. The tone of the last few pages on this thread really surprised me. There's nothing wrong with being a doubter, if that's how you feel but wow, Joe Hart? I didn't think there'd be so many doubters.

xenon_ said:
World Class. He's soaking in the experience necessary to hit those GK legend heights, and with City, he will certainly get to that status, but as far as ability; reflexes, agility etc, he's a ridiuclously talented player. We have a diamond and when he retires and we look back, we will all see it.

But yeah, he had a dip in form this season, but Pelligrini handled it well and he's come back, made some great saves and not put a foot wrong. The tone of the last few pages on this thread really surprised me. There's nothing wrong with being a doubter, if that's how you feel but wow, Joe Hart? I didn't think there'd be so many doubters.

World Class?

Depends on your definition of class I guess.

Happy to have him as one of our goal keepers and has youth on his side but he has to improve his distribution by both hand and foot, command of the penalty shot stopping on his weaker side by some significant degree before he should be considered world class.

Best of an ordinary lot as far as English keepers is concerned when compared to those nations that concede fewer goals against more quality opposition.

mancity1 said:
xenon_ said:

World Class?

Depends on your definition of class I guess.

Happy to have him as one of our goal keepers and has youth on his side but he has to improve his distribution by both hand and foot, command of the penalty shot stopping on his weaker side by some significant degree before he should be considered world class.

Best of an ordinary lot as far as English keepers is concerned when compared to those nations that concede fewer goals against more quality opposition.

In fairness mate, if you put Johnson, jagielka, baines gerrard and Henderson in front of neuer, he'd concede far more goals as well.

As far as whoever mentioned de gea goes, plain silly.

xenon_ said:

Joe is nowhere near world class. He is nowhere near being 'ridiculously talented'. Blue-tinted spectacles are fine, but you need to take them off every now and then, He's a good keeper in a very good team.

I agree with Tim's assessment, that Joe has not improved over the past two seasons, but has actually gone backwards. From an international point of view, he's the best English keeper around at the moment, but I suspect he'll be overtaken if he doesn't 'up' his all-round game - particularly distribution, which is rarely better than poor.

For those posters who think Joe will still be at City in 10 years... Don't get too upset when he's gone within the next three years.

He is a good keeper with the potential to hopefully become world class but at the moment i wouldn't put him in that catagory.For me world class is looking almost unbeatable,having that aura that demoralises the opposition as soon as they see him stood in the goal,knowing that even if you break through the defence it is going to take something special to get past him.

He shows glimpses on occasion and once he makes these saves the norm instead of the odd one here and there then he will be world class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.