Joe Hart (continued)

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
The City defence seemed more at ease with Pants in goal last season, more calm and confident in my opinion or is that just how I felt watching in the stands?

Any examples? i did not see it. Arsenal being the prime case for me. 2 out of 3 he should have saved which surely could only cause panic. I dont think joe has developed as we hoped, but still up there

Don't get me wrong I was one of Hart's biggest fans and stood by him through thick and thin but at the moment my patience is wearing thin. From his performances, via the crap adverts, to his strange interviews where he seems to have taken a completely different persona.

I believe a truly world class keeper would have saved at least one of the 4 world cup goals conceded. It sometimes feels as if every decent shot goes in and it felt like that for city at times last year. I just keep reminding myself of the save at goodison to get through it.

sambo86 said:
Don't get me wrong I was one of Hart's biggest fans and stood by him through thick and thin but at the moment my patience is wearing thin. From his performances, via the crap adverts, to his strange interviews where he seems to have taken a completely different persona.

I believe a truly world class keeper would have saved at least one of the 4 world cup goals conceded. It sometimes feels as if every decent shot goes in and it felt like that for city at times last year. I just keep reminding myself of the save at goodison to get through it.

Fantastic post. We just want what's best for City.

sambo86 said:

Yet another clueless idiot with unrealistic expectations. Hart had no chance with any of the world cup goals and neither would another keeper. Stop expecting him to become fucking stretch armstrong reaching every shot.

There's compilation videos on YouTube of Neuer's mistakes, we all know he's a top goalkeeper but just shut the fuck up about him.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
The City defence seemed more at ease with Pants in goal last season, more calm and confident in my opinion or is that just how I felt watching in the stands?

TBF i don't know, everyone who watched those game will come up with the conclusion that Pantilimon wasn't tested right ! but City at that moment played against strong opposition who had little chances maybe the personality of the goalkeeper and they way he communicate with them can influence the defenders in the right way ?

i don't get it. i'm not really a hart fan but i can't see anything he could have done with any of the goals England conceded so far

andrewmswift said:
i don't get it. i'm not really a hart fan but i can't see anything he could have done with any of the goals England conceded so far

Kept coming off the line and left the front post open hence Suarez nearly caught him twice, he was poor for not saving the Suarez shot which was close to him. Looks shaky still, poor distribution of goal kicks and rarely offers a threat for counter attack that say Pepe reina offers, quick run out of 6 yard box and identify runners and throw the ball to them very quickly to catch opponents on the counter, Hart will instead run and not identify anyone and then either stop or kick it poorly.

Personally, I'd give Hart one more season and if no improvement I'd like to see him sold next summer.

NipHolmes said:
andrewmswift said:

Kept coming off the line and left the front post open hence Suarez nearly caught him twice, he was poor for not saving the Suarez shot which was close to him. Looks shaky still, poor distribution of goal kicks and rarely offers a threat for counter attack that say Pepe reina offers, quick run out of 6 yard box and identify runners and throw the ball to them very quickly to catch opponents on the counter, Hart will instead run and not identify anyone and then either stop or kick it poorly.

Personally, I'd give Hart one more season and if no improvement I'd like to see him sold next summer.

It's amazing how two people can watch the same player and come to totally different conclusions. I disagree with everything you've put above about Joe's distribution, his positioning, his ability to identify and begin a counter attack.

For me Joe's our number 1 and we're lucky to have him. There's only a handful of keepers who one could argue are better than him. As I posted the other day, he's not going to get sold and he's not going to get challenged by someone like Caballero who could be a number 1 in his own right. I think we'll bring in a clear number 2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.