Joe Hart (continued)

Mister Appointment said:
NipHolmes said:
andrewmswift said:
i don't get it. i'm not really a hart fan but i can't see anything he could have done with any of the goals England conceded so far

Kept coming off the line and left the front post open hence Suarez nearly caught him twice, he was poor for not saving the Suarez shot which was close to him. Looks shaky still, poor distribution of goal kicks and rarely offers a threat for counter attack that say Pepe reina offers, quick run out of 6 yard box and identify runners and throw the ball to them very quickly to catch opponents on the counter, Hart will instead run and not identify anyone and then either stop or kick it poorly.

Personally, I'd give Hart one more season and if no improvement I'd like to see him sold next summer.

It's amazing how two people can watch the same player and come to totally different conclusions. I disagree with everything you've put above about Joe's distribution, his positioning, his ability to identify and begin a counter attack.

For me Joe's our number 1 and we're lucky to have him. There's only a handful of keepers who one could argue are better than him. As I posted the other day, he's not going to get sold and he's not going to get challenged by someone like Caballero who could be a number 1 in his own right. I think we'll bring in a clear number 2.

Hart was calamitous for us last season and rightly dropped.
The second goal he could've done better, I wont change from that stance.

As for us lucky to have him, no, he's lucky to have us. We were lucky to have him in 11/12 and he's dines out on that season since. He has rushes of blood to head, poor thrower of ball and kicks are wayward.

Point me to examples of Joe disproving the criticisms I've sated please because I tell you now he's poor in the departments I've mentioned. Cabalero is better than Hart, if we drop hart next season I fear for Joe, he simply wont force his way back in like he did v Costel. If he's dropped eh will be sold, rightly so too. Please watch last season where he was a liability in big games, the Bayern match, the game v Chelsea where he fucked up and rushed out in front of Nastasic to name but two games.

NipHolmes said:
Mister Appointment said:
NipHolmes said:
Kept coming off the line and left the front post open hence Suarez nearly caught him twice, he was poor for not saving the Suarez shot which was close to him. Looks shaky still, poor distribution of goal kicks and rarely offers a threat for counter attack that say Pepe reina offers, quick run out of 6 yard box and identify runners and throw the ball to them very quickly to catch opponents on the counter, Hart will instead run and not identify anyone and then either stop or kick it poorly.

Personally, I'd give Hart one more season and if no improvement I'd like to see him sold next summer.

It's amazing how two people can watch the same player and come to totally different conclusions. I disagree with everything you've put above about Joe's distribution, his positioning, his ability to identify and begin a counter attack.

For me Joe's our number 1 and we're lucky to have him. There's only a handful of keepers who one could argue are better than him. As I posted the other day, he's not going to get sold and he's not going to get challenged by someone like Caballero who could be a number 1 in his own right. I think we'll bring in a clear number 2.

As for us lucky to have him, no, he's lucky to have us. We were lucky to have him in 11/12 and he's dines out on that season since. He has rushes of blood to head, poor thrower of ball and kicks are wayward.

Point me to examples of Joe disproving the criticisms I've sated please because I tell you now he's poor in the departments I've mentioned. Cabalero is better than Hart, if we drop hart next season I fear for Joe, he simply wont force his way back in like he did v Costel. If he's dropped eh will be sold, rightly so too. Please watch last season where he was a liability in big games, the Bayern match, the game v Chelsea where he fucked up and rushed out in front of Nastasic to name but two games.

Also don't understand why anyone would foam at the mouth quite so much when slagging off a City player who's been instrumental in our success over the last three seasons. Well not unless they go attacking our owners in the media or have dickhead agents doing that on their behalf.

I'm not arguing that Joe didn't make mistakes last season, however if you watch any keeper in the kind of forensic detail in which we watch Joe because he's our keeper, you'd see they all make mistakes. Yes even Neuer.

Anyway as I say he isn't going anywhere and we aren't signing Caballero so this is all moot.

Mister Appointment said:
NipHolmes said:
Mister Appointment said:

Also don't understand why anyone would foam at the mouth quite so much when slagging off a City player who's been instrumental in our success over the last three seasons. Well not unless they go attacking our owners in the media or have dickhead agents doing that on their behalf.

I'm not arguing that Joe didn't make mistakes last season, however if you watch any keeper in the kind of forensic detail in which we watch Joe because he's our keeper, you'd see they all make mistakes. Yes even Neuer.

Anyway as I say he isn't going anywhere and we aren't signing Caballero so this is all moot.

Assumptions get you nowhere.

There is a stark difference between having founded criticism about a player and 'foaming at the mouth' which is a ludicrous phrase to use in response. Fact of the matter is Hart has dined out on 11/12 season where he was imo top 5 GK in the world and he's been average to good since but far below world class.

I watched the same keeper as you did, I saw him cost us. I have seen him decline for two years on the trot and I have witnessed keepers better him whom are younger.

As I said, please show examples to disprove my criticisms, being as you 'disagree with everything I have posted', should be an easy job in that case.

NipHolmes said:
Assumptions get you nowhere.

There is a stark difference between having founded criticism about a player and 'foaming at the mouth' which is a ludicrous phrase to use in response. Fact of the matter is Hart has dined out on 11/12 season where he was imo top 5 GK in the world and he's been average to good since but far below world class.

That's a ludicrously biased assessment of last season. Joe was poor until he was dropped, and excellent after he returned. Yes, world class. Made some absolutely vital saves, world class ones, which helped us win the title.

As I said, please show examples to disprove my criticisms, being as you 'disagree with everything I have posted', should be an easy job in that case.

I don't need to disprove anything. You're on a City forum slagging off our number 1 for the last 3 years. You seem to be suggesting he's not done anything positive or put in any world class performances since the 11/12 season which is patently both ludicrous and stupid. I'm going to leave you to it now mate and as I've seen the way posters can be on Bluemoon when they've got a player between their teeth. Do your worst, Joe will still be Number 1 come August.

Mister Appointment said:
NipHolmes said:
andrewmswift said:
i don't get it. i'm not really a hart fan but i can't see anything he could have done with any of the goals England conceded so far

TBH I presumed Nip was just on the wum.

It's easy to say other keepers (players even!) are world class and don't make mistakes when you don't watch them every week. You see their highlights, the odd game, praise from other sources, and if they play for Real Madrid or someone then the decision is made. Neuer has shown, this tournament, already, that he is human.

Flip that to Joe Hart and because of a dip in form last season, which is natural, especially in a young keeper, he is suddenly not as good as we all thought. I get that football is a results-based business but bloody hell.

I'll say it again. Top 5 in the world. Arguably no one better in the Premiership: The best league in the world. World Class, and he's got all that's required to eventually become the flat-out best keeper in the world. 28-32 years old will be his best years, I reckon.

He bounced back from being dropped really well. Handled it how you would want him to. And he's been quality since. Also, we were rehashing our entire defensive philosiphy at the time he was in poor form. We had half a dozen different CB partnerships in front of him, Kompany wasn't in the best of form. It was a turbulent time for all our defensive players, in my opinion.

I wouldn't say any of the goals we conceded at the World Cup were directly Hart's fault. However, we all know that Joe is capable of saving both of Suarez's goals.

That's the problem for me. Joe isn't making the same mistakes he did at the start of the season but he isn't making the saves we know he can. Aside from CSKA Moscow and Everton I am struggling to think of any genuine top class saves from him.

This might sound harsh that I'm criticising a keeper for not producing top saves but the fact of the matter is we all rate Hart so highly because we know he can make top saves. Look back a couple of seasons ago and his performances against Liverpool and Spurs away and Dortmund at home were world class. Joe playing at that level is world class and would be an asset to any team. However his recent form is bang average. Our shots conceded to goals conceded ratio must be easily the highest in the league if not Europe. In the 11/12 season if the opposition striker got through I would feel comfortable knowing Hart was in goal. Now I always fear the worst.

I wouldn't sell Hart because he is still relatively young as a keeper and I reckon he can recapture his old form. However, signing a keeper to challenge him is a must. We need a keeper who will win us points not just be happy not to make a mistake. I honestly think that since Hart has bulked up he has lost his agility which has led to him conceding goals he should have saved.

Mister Appointment said:
NipHolmes said:
Mister Appointment said:

If our strikers had done their job, we wouldn't be talking about Hart, also if we'd gone with form more sentiment when picking defenders ( the same way we apparently picked our midfield pairing) Cahill would've partnered Terry, not Jagielka, who was coming back from injury, and was at fault for both Uraguay goals.

city91 said:
I wouldn't say any of the goals we conceded at the World Cup were directly Hart's fault. However, we all know that Joe is capable of saving both of Suarez's goals.

That's the problem for me. Joe isn't making the same mistakes he did at the start of the season but he isn't making the saves we know he can. Aside from CSKA Moscow and Everton I am struggling to think of any genuine top class saves from him.

This might sound harsh that I'm criticising a keeper for not producing top saves but the fact of the matter is we all rate Hart so highly because we know he can make top saves. Look back a couple of seasons ago and his performances against Liverpool and Spurs away and Dortmund at home were world class. Joe playing at that level is world class and would be an asset to any team. However his recent form is bang average. Our shots conceded to goals conceded ratio must be easily the highest in the league if not Europe. In the 11/12 season if the opposition striker got through I would feel comfortable knowing Hart was in goal. Now I always fear the worst.

I wouldn't sell Hart because he is still relatively young as a keeper and I reckon he can recapture his old form. However, signing a keeper to challenge him is a must. We need a keeper who will win us points not just be happy not to make a mistake. I honestly think that since Hart has bulked up he has lost his agility which has led to him conceding goals he should have saved.

Here ye go, mate. There's a few on here from the second half of last season.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0VtwyZBl1Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0VtwyZBl1Y</a> <---- Joe Hart compilation video of 13/14 season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.