Joe Hart (continued)

All these people who have probably watched a youtube video of Caballero and think he should be no.1 do one. You were calling for Buffon first, then Valdes, then cassilas, Joe Hart is proving he is better than all of these. I for one think his distribution is decent, and these name callers should just fuck off. You clearly know fuck all about goalkeeping and football.

His kicking IN THE WARM UPS is brilliant, but in games it is dire. His thrown distribution is excellent. His seemingly insatiable desire to be Beckenbauer is getting a little worrisome. I think he thinks he is Manuel Neuer!

That said, wouldn't swap him for ANY OTHER KEEPER IN THE LEAGUE!

Every player, even those touted as demigods on here, make mistakes. As long as they are not winning goals against us, like Chelsea last season, I can live with it. He will ALWAYS get us OUT of more trouble than he will put us in.

One last thing....he talks in the media too much. Every time I check NewsNow, seems like there is a Hart interview, after match comments, the team loves Woy, etc, etc, etc... Vinny needs to have a word, because Joe could learn from the Master....who actually IS a Captain!

Captain Oats said:
All these people who have probably watched a youtube video of Caballero and think he should be no.1 do one. You were calling for Buffon first, then Valdes, then cassilas, Joe Hart is proving he is better than all of these. I for one think his distribution is decent, and these name callers should just fuck off. You clearly know fuck all about goalkeeping and football.
His distribution isn't all that bad as some make out, especially if he's half the time only got the likes of Aguero, Silva and Nasri to aim for. He has an average % of pass completion for a keeper and half of a keeper's distribution is down to the man aimed for and his movement/challenge for the ball.

Secondly when he get's the ball, people complain about his scurrying about his area but that's his attempt to get the ball moving fast (which people complain about and want) but 8/10 times the defenders reactions are slow or of those who don't want the ball from him, so what can he do other than punt it long??

ChicagoBlue said:
His kicking IN THE WARM UPS is brilliant, but in games it is dire. His thrown distribution is excellent. His seemingly insatiable desire to be Beckenbauer is getting a little worrisome. I think he thinks he is Manuel Neuer!

That said, wouldn't swap him for ANY OTHER KEEPER IN THE LEAGUE!

Every player, even those touted as demigods on here, make mistakes. As long as they are not winning goals against us, like Chelsea last season, I can live with it. He will ALWAYS get us OUT of more trouble than he will put us in.

One last thing....he talks in the media too much. Every time I check NewsNow, seems like there is a Hart interview, after match comments, the team loves Woy, etc, etc, etc... Vinny needs to have a word, because Joe could learn from the Master....who actually IS a Captain!
It's easy to kick it long to a man on his own, when he's marked by 3 defenders and has to challenge for the ball consequently sometimes it will be cut out or won by the defenders.

Captain Oats said:

I rate Joe highly but he still doesn't convince me.

I think the Everton away performance papered over a few cracks in my opinion because despite Joe coming back well from his poor first half season form he still had shaky and inconsistent performances.

Pellegrini knows, has worked with, and no doubt trusts Caballero and I think a player of his quality isn't coming here to sit on the bench, he will be coming to battle it out with Hart.

I think Pellegrini may surprise a few because I think over pre season Pellegrini will look at his goalkeeping situation and decide from pre season performance who his best keeper is.

Joe was very shaky in both England's games for me, why he continues to run round the area like a man possessed is still perplexing as he then invariably rolls the ball to a defender who is being marked.

He was definitely culpable for the two corners that he had to parry, he should be marshalling his defence to cover areas he cant or doesn't intend to and to get caught once is permissible but twice in the same game..??

On crosses he was poor and he is punching way too many balls he should be catching, he's a goalkeeper too not a centre back.

Now that's all done and dusted I hope he continues with his last few months form in the PL for City, right from the off at Newcastle.
He is by far the best keeper in England and he is young enough to learn and go on to be a City great.

I sincerely hope he does, I love him and rate him highly but I also reserve the right to criticise him if I feel he has not performed in any given game and for England, although he was not to blame for the shambolic performance against Uruguay, he did not play well.

Baker Boy said:
forevermancity said:
BlueTG said:
I do not share that feeling.
There seems to be a perpetrated myth when it comes to Pantimilimon that he is an excellent keeper when he is average, good at best. I guess that comes from a combination of him being a nice guy and this other idea that Joe is cocky, big headed, egotistical, overrated, head and shoulders using, thick, drop a bollock every single week wanker.

With Pants in net, he was shit against Arsenal - conceded 3, its a good job we outscored them and were better than them. Sunderland away he should be saving goals from that angle and we were shite.
Sunderland in the CC final, yeah we won and he was solid, but our defence fucked up and looked shaky in front of him. Blackburn away speaks for itself with our conceded goal. Watford at home he should have especially done better with the 2nd goal.

Pants is a good guy and at best a very solid keeper, but people let far too many extraneous factors cloud their judgement of his footballing capabilities. And with this I am not discrediting his good games for us, or where we looked good in defence with him in (such as Spurs and Norwich), but we didn't look any more at ease with him between the sticks.

This

Pants probably the mort overrated player on bluemoon, more so than the myth that is nastasic

Yep the most overrated player since BWP... It'll be interesting to see how good he really is if he gets a run of games for Sunderland, too many people let sentiment cloud their judgment.
Just my opinion about what I saw and felt at the time, and I wish Pants all the luck in the world at Sunderland unlike some will on here...not in a sentimental way of course ;)

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Baker Boy said:
forevermancity said:
This

Pants probably the mort overrated player on bluemoon, more so than the myth that is nastasic

Yep the most overrated player since BWP... It'll be interesting to see how good he really is if he gets a run of games for Sunderland, too many people let sentiment cloud their judgment.
Just my opinion about what I saw and felt at the time, and I wish Pants all the luck in the world at Sunderland unlike some will on here...not in a sentimental way of course ;)
Fair enough, I will also wish him the best (apart from against us!!). Good lad, not quite good enough for what we need as Champions any more though, best of luck to him.

sam-caddick said:
If Caballero is coming in then I see Pellegrini letting them battle it out for number one spot during pre-season.

Caballero from the performances I have seen of him could play for any top 4 team in the top European league's and I doubt very much he is coming here to be happy as a number two are that we are paying around 7m for a cup keeper.\

Hart is a decent keeper but for me he is still inconsistent, he came back well from being dropped but he still had shaky moments, the Everton away performance in my opinion papered over a few cracks.

I don't think Joe's position is cemented at all.

Yet he has just TWO caps for Argentina who are not especially noted for producing top rank keepers.

lancs blue said:
sam-caddick said:
If Caballero is coming in then I see Pellegrini letting them battle it out for number one spot during pre-season.

Caballero from the performances I have seen of him could play for any top 4 team in the top European league's and I doubt very much he is coming here to be happy as a number two are that we are paying around 7m for a cup keeper.\

Hart is a decent keeper but for me he is still inconsistent, he came back well from being dropped but he still had shaky moments, the Everton away performance in my opinion papered over a few cracks.

I don't think Joe's position is cemented at all.

Yet he has just TWO caps for Argentina who are not especially noted for producing top rank keepers.

i think that has a lot to do with team harmony and keeping a steady team together.

should brazil really have stuck with cesar despite him not playing a game until around february/ march time? plus it was in the mls.

should spain have stuck with casillas despite him only being a cup keeper this season?

caballero is one of the best keepers in spain and if we do sign him i think pellegrini may just surprise a few and play him, we won't be paying around 7m for a cup keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.