Joe Hart (continued)

I rate Joe highly but I think this season he'll be the support act for Willy. He'll get plenty of games in the prem and domestic cups no doubt but for the biggies including the Champs League it'll be Willy without a doubt.

Can't see why some get so worked up,some people think he's not good enough and some rate him highly.This does not make them any less a blue and everyone gets behind him on match day.I for one think he's a mistake waiting to happen most matches.

Thenumber1blue said:
Can't see why some get so worked up,some people think he's not good enough and some rate him highly.This does not make them any less a blue and everyone gets behind him on match day.I for one think he's a mistake waiting to happen most matches.

People get worked up because of comments like " he's a mistake waiting to happen most matches ", which is complete tosh.

We are fortunate to have two top quality keepers,subsequently,i couldn't care less which one of the two has the shirt.

FantasyIreland said:
We are fortunate to have two top quality keepers,subsequently,i couldn't care less which one of the two has the shirt.

This.

FantasyIreland said:

I have no wish to see Hart displaced but the most importnat thing is that whoever plays is at the top of their game.

I would much rather mistakes happen in pre-season. As for last night I am a little concerned by Joe charging out and not getting near the ball only because he has done it several times before. I don't know if he doesn't trust the defence when either Boyata or Nasty are playing or if it is a fault that needs coaching out of him. Didn't it happen to Casillas at the world cup, but then again his career is on a downward spiral. Joe is still young and has been a great player for us, a little solid competition will do him no harm. Manuel has trust in both keepers and they are both excellent - how either of them takes to playing 15 to 16 games a season is a different matter and will tell us a lot.

It's the least important position on the pitch. Doesn't matter who you have in goal if the rest of the team performs as it should. There's a reason goalkeepers generally cost less than outfield players. How often do you hear 'the keeper had no chance' or 'he smashed it past the helpless goalkeeper'? Or even 'it would have been worse were it not for the keeper'? If a team plays well we hear the classic 'the goalkeeper was a spectator for most of the game'. We're in a position where our outfield players should be good enough that as long as we have a competent goalkeeper it doesn't matter who that is.

Both goalkeepers are more than competent so we have no need to worry. I like Hart and it is nice to have at least one English player in the first team.

Rolee said:
Thenumber1blue said:

People get worked up because of comments like " he's a mistake waiting to happen most matches ", which is complete tosh.
Yeah but it's not though is it,you saying it's tosh is tosh !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.