Joe Hart - Didn't take long...

Just 'Arry tapping up yet another top player and trying to unsettle him.

City need to get a statement out of Hart telling the entire footballing world that City plucked him from Shrewsbury for 500K to make him a top keeper AND HAVE, but he needs a little time to mature as a keeper and being an understudy to an experienced international keeper will further enhance his nurturing and help him develop the skills and maturity needed to be a top international keeper for the next decade.

Given is one of the best in the business, this really is a great opportunity for Joe to hang back for awhile, not having the pressure on him and just being able to learn from one of the absolute best. I'd like to think Joe sees that, I think it's ultimately pretty much the best he can do for his career. Having said that it is a bit of a situation. The hopes from City are of course that Given will be here for at least 4.5 years, but I'm sure they'll work it out somehow. The ultimate goal for Hart is of course to be England #1, but he's still very young for a goalkeeper anyway, he shouldn't reach his peak until, well England 2018. :) (It will go to England, no doubt).

Ill give it 36 hours before Redknap disputes the story, but saying what a top guy the player is and is a fantastic player and one he would love to have, but as he is contracted to City, what can i do? its thier choice to sell /wink

I do hope he stays. He's got talent and we have the tools to help him be the best, including Given. The day that he gets picked ahead of Given and we can say he is now the better keeper is worth him sticking around for. He's only 21 ish and to be fair was pushed into the first team partly because because of a lack of other options. I've seen far to many promising U21 level players burn out and languish in the lower divisions, and probably that is partly due to the fact that they think they need regular first time action more than a great set up - not always true. Would be a travesty if this happened to Joe - all it takes is one or two bad performances, press jump on him and he loses his confidence. If he stick with us he'll learn how to cope with things like that and come out next match fighting.

hertsblue said:
Ill give it 36 hours before Redknap disputes the story, but saying what a top guy the player is and is a fantastic player and one he would love to have, but as he is contracted to City, what can i do? its thier choice to sell /wink

In one of his post match interviews I reckon.

Given demonstrated yesterday why Hughes was probably right to bring him in; he also needs to tell Hart that he will not be sold as he could be first choice at City for 15 years if he fulfills his potential, even if he has to understudy Shay for next two or three seasons. Hughes should also have told both players that he will pick on merit not seniority. City now have the potential to offer Hart the sort of success that few other teams can match and the grass may be greenest at Eastlands. So many promising young keepers seem to end up struggling that it might be to his advantage to take a back seat for awhile: for every Caslillas, there's a whole bunch of Wrights, Carsons, Kirklands, Days, Weavers.

I think City should consider loaning Hart out but not to another Premier League team; a spell in the rough and tumble of the Championship might help toughen him up.

blue 1992 said:
Project said:
Loan him out.

maybe, but with the world cup qualifers coming up, he will want to get 1st team football. So unfotunatley, with given 1st choice now, he mignt put in a transfer request for permanant football.

That's my concern. That his England squad chances become limited as he is not being played and will want to move on...and you wouldn't be able to blame him if this is what he wants to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.