Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely I'm not the only one who's getting a bit sick of this on-going media witch hunt regarding Hart? He's constantly being criticized unfairly in my book. Pundits picking on him after every game.

What makes my piss boil more is the fact loads of City fans jump on this stupid bandwagon (the same as they did with Sterling). Joe Hart is a City legend. He's arguably the best shotstopper since the premierships formation and I would argue the best in our history. He's a leader, he's a top quality player and most of all he bleeds blue. I'll back him to the end, mistakes or not, he's one of us and we should all get behind him rather than criticizing him like the ragfest media want.

I don't want Ter Stegen, I don't want Bravo. Fuck it, I wouldn't even swap him for Neuer. There's more to football than having a keeper who's good at 5 yard passing.

completely agree, harts becoming the new boo boy. then again certain posters on here have never liked hart. he's been a great keeper for us and is still one of the best goalies i nthe league. would be stupid to get rid of him imo

I can remember loads on here saying pantillimon was better! Then willy was better. In both cases they were wrong.

completely agree, harts becoming the new boo boy. then again certain posters on here have never liked hart. he's been a great keeper for us and is still one of the best goalies i nthe league. would be stupid to get rid of him imo
who says we are looking to get rid of him? and if we are, surely that is for the betterment of the team in Peps view.

Who's said he shit?
No one has actually said shit, but reading a lot of the posts on here you'd be forgiven for not knowing he's the England No1, a numerous Golden Glove winner and an exceptional shot stopper. He doesn't have the greatest distribution but maybe that's because he's not confident in giving it to the players (defenders) in front of him? I watched Buffon last season paying the ball to his full backs who were covered quite well, but who were confident in their own abilities to pass the ball. I'd bet if Hart had players like that in the defence need be more than willing to give it to them.

He's certainly nowhere near the calamity that some on here are painting him out to be.

An interesting thing to watch for with both goalkeepers is how often they go longer when there is yet a chance of a shorter pass, albeit one entailing possible risk. Hart had one against Arsenal where he tried a 50 yard pass rather than risk a 15 yard one under pressure; we lost possession from it. Not blaming either keeper- must be desperately difficult, especially in those situations where the press is full and fast- but it will be interesting to see who holds his nerve more.

No one has actually said shit, but reading a lot of the posts on here you'd be forgiven for not knowing he's the England No1, a numerous Golden Glove winner and an exceptional shot stopper. He doesn't have the greatest distribution but maybe that's because he's not confident in giving it to the players (defenders) in front of him? I watched Buffon last season paying the ball to his full backs who were covered quite well, but who were confident in their own abilities to pass the ball. I'd bet if Hart had players like that in the defence need be more than willing to give it to them.

He's certainly nowhere near the calamity that some on here are painting him out to be.

No he's not and I think a lot are reading far too much into the criticism he is getting on here and turning that into believing he's being called shit.

No one on here would argue that Joe is one of our leagues best keepers and probably in Europe too. But Pep isn't looking for a traditional keeper which Joe and most others are like. He wants a keeper who, in addition to being a great traditional keeper, is comfortable with the ball at his feet and under some pressure to maintain calmness and distribute the ball accordingly.

Joe (currently) isn't that type of keeper. Whether he can be or whether Pep will afford him the opportunity to be is really the discussion point behind the posts about him. That's how I see it.

The fact Tolm has confirmed that we are after a keeper has fueled the fire on this and people have automatically assumed it is to replace Joe (which we don't know that to be true).

As I say, I would be amazed if anyone popped up and said he is a shit keeper.

Agree with that mate. Personally I'm hoping/expecting Pep to make certain that Hart has lots more options when he's got the ball at his feet this season. Judging the guy when the opposition close down our back four is unfair. He is forced to wait until the players re-adjust their positions and then, if he's lucky, he gets Sagna to aim at (who generally does quite well) or, if he's not that lucky it's Yaya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.