Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not comfortable on the ball because he knows he's a special case(compared to any keeper you want to name in the league) that isn't allowed to make any errors evidenced by every single mistake he's made being magnified and thrown in his face for weeks afterwards, every single instance. Imagine the nerves he feels with the ball at his feet to begin with, then passing to a defender who doesn't know what to do with it(not confidence inspiring) and the ball comes right back to him(happened against Arsenal) and then he has to quickly find an out ball to another defender hoping it doesn't end up straight back with him with even less options and more pressure. He's that good of a shot stopper IMO that it's worth giving him a fair chance to adapt his game in the right setup, he's never had that yet so lets just see, he's one of our own.

Looking at the current squad, It probably is over for this transfer window. Which additional foreign player is going to be sold without a massive financial loss if Ter Stegan arrives? Joe is unlikely to stay if he arrives so Willy probably isn't an option unless Angus gets a major promotion.
We already have to sell/loan our 3 players (Nasri, Bony & probably Mangala) who is the 4th?
Only real options are Kolarov, Fernando and YaYa.

We wouldn't need to sell a foreign player.

Champions league squad rules, aka the rules we have to build our squad to fit - 17 foreign players, 4 association trained HG players, 4 club trained HG players

Because we currently have 5 association trained HG players (Hart, Delph, Stones,Clichy, Sterling) , and there's only 4 spots in the squad reserved for them,
one of them takes up a foreign player spot.

So if hart left it wouldn't be any different to a foreign player leaving.

Irrelevant anyway as I'm sure he would stay and try to fight for his place for a year.

Agree with that mate. Personally I'm hoping/expecting Pep to make certain that Hart has lots more options when he's got the ball at his feet this season. Judging the guy when the opposition close down our back four is unfair. He is forced to wait until the players re-adjust their positions and then, if he's lucky, he gets Sagna to aim at (who generally does quite well) or, if he's not that lucky it's Yaya.

Good point , against Arsenal he was looking for blue (ish) but only had the opposition bearing down on him. I suppose he could have beat them , done a couple of keepy uppies then passed , but he chose to lump it. Sack the bxstard

No one has actually said shit, but reading a lot of the posts on here you'd be forgiven for not knowing he's the England No1, a numerous Golden Glove winner and an exceptional shot stopper. He doesn't have the greatest distribution but maybe that's because he's not confident in giving it to the players (defenders) in front of him? I watched Buffon last season paying the ball to his full backs who were covered quite well, but who were confident in their own abilities to pass the ball. I'd bet if Hart had players like that in the defence need be more than willing to give it to them.

He's certainly nowhere near the calamity that some on here are painting him out to be.

In fairness mate being England's number 1 keeper isn't a great achievement at the moment or in the recent past, with our team plenty of keepers would have won the golden glove, he is a good shot stopper but as a keeper for a top team it's kind of a given really, his distribution is poor but I don't accept that problem lies solely at his defenders feet we have all seen his ability on this front.

He is a decent keeper but some of the eulogies by his fan club are a tad embarrassing. Too much black and white where Joe is concerned.

completely agree, harts becoming the new boo boy. then again certain posters on here have never liked hart. he's been a great keeper for us and is still one of the best goalies i nthe league. would be stupid to get rid of him imo

Never liked Hart? When did you become a City fan. I'd say he is one on the most popular City players and always been appreciated by the fans. Great club servant and I'm certainly not writing him off.

Never liked Hart? When did you become a City fan. I'd say he is one on the most popular City players and always been appreciated by the fans. Great club servant and I'm certainly not writing him off.

yes the same posters every time,. when did i become a city fan ??? well i was a chelsea fan....

im not writing him off either and i agree he is one of the most popular city players, but right now he is being unfairly criticized on here. ( not saying the whole fan base )

Some people are not getting the point of this discussion. How hard is it to understand? In the name of sanity!

Joe Hart is NOT shit. Nobody has suggested that whilst this conversation has been happening.

It's really very simple. Joe's biggest fault is what needs to be his biggest strength in the eyes of the man that matters.

If he doesn't sort said part of his game out, then he will have no future here. You have to be able to distribute.

3 times yesterday, in a friendly with the purpose of trying to get this team to adapt to playing from the back, he launched it 40 yards. In a training exercise. You can blame the centre backs for that in some regard because it was a new system. However that didn't stop Willy doing as was asked. Yes, we nearly conceded 3 times, but that wasn't the point of the game, was it?

If he can't attempt it when the consequences don't matter then he's going to be screwed in a proper game.

He's not comfortable on the ball because he's never been trained to be comfortable on the ball. He's come through the traditional english system where no one will ever tell you off for hitting it long straight out of play, but will absolutely slaughter you for misplacing a short pass, so obviously that trains you to take no chances and avoid the potential abuse. Can he unlearn all that at his age? I doubt it, he doesn't show any sign of doing so and English footballers are notorious for their refusal to take on new ideas once they've "made it". It's far more likely that he'll make a couple of mistakes, revert back to his usual style, get benched, then leave to go to a club that doesn't mind him passing it to the linesman and probably do a bunch of interviews about how bad a manager Pep is. Let's hope he bucks the trend though as he's a very likeable lad and I really don't want Willy in net for any amount of time.

Angus Gunn is a much more interesting option as he's been allowed to make mistakes passing out from the back so doesn't have that crippling fear that Joe has. If he could become our starting keeper it would be absolutely huge for the club

He's not comfortable on the ball because he's never been trained to be comfortable on the ball. He's come through the traditional english system where no one will ever tell you off for hitting it long straight out of play, but will absolutely slaughter you for misplacing a short pass, so obviously that trains you to take no chances and avoid the potential abuse. Can he unlearn all that at his age? I doubt it, he doesn't show any sign of doing so and English footballers are notorious for their refusal to take on new ideas once they've "made it". It's far more likely that he'll make a couple of mistakes, revert back to his usual style, get benched, then leave to go to a club that doesn't mind him passing it to the linesman and probably do a bunch of interviews about how bad a manager Pep is. Let's hope he bucks the trend though as he's a very likeable lad and I really don't want Willy in net for any amount of time.

Angus Gunn is a much more interesting option as he's been allowed to make mistakes passing out from the back so doesn't have that crippling fear that Joe has. If he could become our starting keeper it would be absolutely huge for the club

That's a great post.

The English way is outdated. He's come through it traditionally and now finds himself with the worst possible manager in that respect, because Guardiola will not have it.

What I would say though, is that I think he can learn what he needs to. All is not lost yet.

We wouldn't need to sell a foreign player.

Champions league squad rules, aka the rules we have to build our squad to fit - 17 foreign players, 4 association trained HG players, 4 club trained HG players

Because we currently have 5 association trained HG players (Hart, Delph, Stones,Clichy, Sterling) , and there's only 4 spots in the squad reserved for them,
one of them takes up a foreign player spot.

So if hart left it wouldn't be any different to a foreign player leaving.

Irrelevant anyway as I'm sure he would stay and try to fight for his place for a year.
Read the CL squad rules - Leroy Sané and Oleksandr Zinchenko haven't been with us for two seasons so they take full squad places rather than B List places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.