Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the CL squad rules - Leroy Sané and Oleksandr Zinchenko haven't been with us for two seasons so they take full squad places rather than B List places.

Yes, thanks, I already know the rules very well. Nothing I said has anything to do with Zinchenko or Sané

As I said elsewhere the problem isnt Hart/Willy for building from the back, it's the legacy defenders and midfielders. They just can't pass well enough or put a big enough shift in to form passing triangles. The following are just not good enough at passing:
Zabaletta, Sagna, Kolarov Fernando, Delph.
I'm not sure about Otamendi, Kompany or Clichy either (Clichy for getting into space rather than the passing).
On Sunday for example Arsenal closed us down and they just couldn't Hack it.

Some people are not getting the point of this discussion. How hard is it to understand? In the name of sanity!

Joe Hart is NOT shit. Nobody has suggested that whilst this conversation has been happening.

It's really very simple. Joe's biggest fault is what needs to be his biggest strength in the eyes of the man that matters.

If he doesn't sort said part of his game out, then he will have no future here. You have to be able to distribute.

3 times yesterday, in a friendly with the purpose of trying to get this team to adapt to playing from the back, he launched it 40 yards. In a training exercise. You can blame the centre backs for that in some regard because it was a new system. However that didn't stop Willy doing as was asked. Yes, we nearly conceded 3 times, but that wasn't the point of the game, was it?

If he can't attempt it when the consequences don't matter then he's going to be screwed in a proper game.
You can't pass it simple to the man at the back if he's marked and under pressure and you saw how cheaply our defenders gave the ball away. I think your creating an issue where there isn't one. We have been playing possession football, maybe at a slow pace for 5 years. Pep has his own brand, but it's not a totally different game. And Joe is as good if not better than most keepers with his feet. I've been watching City for 40 years and seen some terrible keepers in my time.

As I said elsewhere the problem isnt Hart/Willy for building from the back, it's the legacy defenders and midfielders. They just can't pass well enough or put a big enough shift in to form passing triangles. The following are just not good enough at passing:
Zabaletta, Sagna, Kolarov Fernando, Delph.
I'm not sure about Otamendi, Kompany or Clichy either (Clichy for getting into space rather than the passing).
On Sunday for example Arsenal closed us down and they just couldn't Hack it.
Id say its both the keepers and defenders, all of which will be under intensive training this week no doubt

And Joe is as good if not better than most keepers with his feet.
Honestly, I have no idea how you come to this belief, unless by "good with his feet" you mean he can reliably kick the ball really, really far.

You can't pass it simple to the man at the back if he's marked and under pressure and you saw how cheaply our defenders gave the ball away. I think your creating an issue where there isn't one. We have been playing possession football, maybe at a slow pace for 5 years. Pep has his own brand, but it's not a totally different game. And Joe is as good if not better than most keepers with his feet. I've been watching City for 40 years and seen some terrible keepers in my time.

All I'll say to that, is I'm glad Peps our manager.

Joe needs to develop that part of his game. It really is that simple.

Honestly, I have no idea how you come to this belief, unless by "good with his feet" you mean he can reliably kick the ball really, really far.

Wasting your time and energy.

You'll never convince him. He doesn't see the bigger picture. Thinks far to black and white to enable him to do so.

No one has actually said shit, but reading a lot of the posts on here you'd be forgiven for not knowing he's the England No1, a numerous Golden Glove winner and an exceptional shot stopper. He doesn't have the greatest distribution but maybe that's because he's not confident in giving it to the players (defenders) in front of him? I watched Buffon last season paying the ball to his full backs who were covered quite well, but who were confident in their own abilities to pass the ball. I'd bet if Hart had players like that in the defence need be more than willing to give it to them.

He's certainly nowhere near the calamity that some on here are painting him out to be.

Agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.