Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't pass it simple to the man at the back if he's marked and under pressure and you saw how cheaply our defenders gave the ball away. I think your creating an issue where there isn't one. We have been playing possession football, maybe at a slow pace for 5 years. Pep has his own brand, but it's not a totally different game. And Joe is as good if not better than most keepers with his feet. I've been watching City for 40 years and seen some terrible keepers in my time.

In fairness mate football is about opinions but saying hart is better than most with the ball at his feet is like the bloke on here who claimed the earth was flat.

Kolarov obviously. Navas possibly.

Reasonable shout but I think it's unlikely
Three have to go as-is: Bony and presumably Mangala - who else? Kolarov?
If Ter comes another has to go: You say Navas - I say more likely to be Fernando (Pep generally likes at least 5 winger options), Historically Fernando rarely passes forwards and I really think Garcia will be given a shot this season.

Some people are not getting the point of this discussion. How hard is it to understand? In the name of sanity!

Joe Hart is NOT shit. Nobody has suggested that whilst this conversation has been happening.

It's really very simple. Joe's biggest fault is what needs to be his biggest strength in the eyes of the man that matters.

If he doesn't sort said part of his game out, then he will have no future here. You have to be able to distribute.

3 times yesterday, in a friendly with the purpose of trying to get this team to adapt to playing from the back, he launched it 40 yards. In a training exercise. You can blame the centre backs for that in some regard because it was a new system. However that didn't stop Willy doing as was asked. Yes, we nearly conceded 3 times, but that wasn't the point of the game, was it?

If he can't attempt it when the consequences don't matter then he's going to be screwed in a proper game.

For goodness sake, the defence and midfield couldn't deal with the press, pass it round the press or make themselves available for a pass to help out the person being pressed. As such it kept coming back to the keeper. Eventually the ball had to be hoofed upfield. How is that Hart's or Willy's fault!
I really am dying to know.

All I'll say to that, is I'm glad Peps our manager.

Joe needs to develop that part of his game. It really is that simple.
I'm sure every player needs to improve. But it's a myth that hart isn't good with his feet. he might be a bit slow with his distribution at times, but you're way off thinking that hart is any different to most keepers in respect of his distribution. I can't think of a City keeper who was better, or any other Premiership keeper who puts him to shame in this regard. And yes I am glad that Pep is our manager. We'll see if hart is replaced. I am confident he will not be

I'm sure every player needs to improve. But it's a myth that hart isn't good with his feet. he might be a bit slow with his distribution at times, but you're way off thinking that hart is any different to most keepers in respect of his distribution. I can't think of a City keeper who was better, or any other Premiership keeper who puts him to shame in this regard. And yes I am glad that Pep is our manager. We'll see if hart is replaced. I am confident he will not be

Not sure what previous city goalkeepers distribution skills have got to do with it

Not sure what previous city goalkeepers distribution skills have got to do with it
Because I'm being told Hart's distrinution is sub-standard. What is the standard then. I am comparing him with other keepers, and his distribution is as good as any City keeper I can remember. Name a keeper in the Premiership who is renowned for his ability on the ball, and who puts Hart to shame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.