Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand all this about joe. Really happy pep is here but you would think that he would understand that joe is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, knows the club inside out and is a born leader. I think it's really sad what seems to be happening.

It's quite simple. Joe needs to adapt to the way Pep wants to play football. If he doesn't show willing, he's gone.

We must have the most Pep experts in the world on this forum,
Pep does this ........
Pep expects ........
Pep will ..... etc
Let's wait and see and just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I don't believe you can teach a player who isn't skilled in passing to somehow become an elite passer, certainly not in any short term. I suppose Guardiola had to have some time to see up close & personal whether Joe could adapt to his vision of football and probably confirmed what many have seen even from television - the gap is too much for him to make up

It's quite simple. Joe needs to adapt to the way Pep wants to play football. If he doesn't show willing, he's gone.

Correct and that's the way it should be. Personally I hope we bring in a 'Guardiola type' keeper and let him and Hart battle it out for the starting spot. Can't see it happening though and suspect if we buy a new keeper, then it will be Hart that is on his way out of the club.

I think Hart will start today and we'll see him passing about at the back a little bit, but also hoofing it often when he's not sure. Hoofing it more than pep would like, a lot more. But each game he plays, he'll hoof it less and less as everyone's confidence in each other and peps gameplan increases. The improvements will be fast too.
Harts been trained majority of his life, if in doubt put it out, last few years a bit to play, next few years a hell of a lot to play.

I agree that Hart should be given a chance, for us he has been the keeper who has been in place during all our recent success. But does Pep have to show the fans that he is making the correct decision by playing Joe if he can't / won't follow instructions?

I would guess Pep doesn't feel that he has to justify any decision that he makes and will be ruthless.
Pep doesn't have to justify anything, he can and will do what he wants, I am sure. If Joe has definitely refused to co-operate then I think almost all supporters would be totally on side with a decision to get rid but I would hope for an explanation that their working relationship has broken down in those circumstances.

Hope he plays today and proves a few people wrong. Caballero just is not as good a keeper.

I think your totally missing the point of the discussion. You seem to be comparing them in a traditional goalkeeping role, and in that context, everyone would agree Joe is better. We have moved on, fans have to do the same

I will be disappointed if Pep doesn't give Joe a crack at keeping hold of his place in the team but I'm not expecting him to. Something looked wrong with what happened in the second half of that match. It was so odd to see Joe make virtually no effort to pass it out and his body language didn't look right. I assumed he had already been told that he's either not in Pep's plans or that he is in a real fight to save his City career and he hadn't responded well to what he was told. I'm old fashioned, it baffles me that any manager would be more bothered about a keeper's distribution than his ability to stop the ball going into the net but clearly it's Pep's way and he will be trusted by the club to do whatever he wants. It'll help if he's winning matches because if we are losing and he has replaced Joe with someone who is perceived to be costing us matches, I think he will find patience, in the stands at least, will wear pretty thin pretty quickly and that will be no good for anyone. Personally I think he would be better bringing in a better option than Willy this window if possible, giving Joe a chance and then if it doesn't work out at least supporters will have seen that he gave him a chance and that there is a need to replace him and he will have someone ready to come in.

Who would you suggest is brought in that will be happy to get splinters who is better than Willy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.