Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Pep publicly state his admiration for Joe's qualities, and then not play him, or even worse, bring in a new keeper without giving him the chance to adapt ?
As Urban Genie just commented, Joe had Mangala/ Otomendi in front of him last season, and we all had our head in our hands whenever Mangala had the ball at his feet!
Surely Pep can improve Hart's game? And with Stones, and hopefully Vinny at some point in front of him, his confidence at playing out from the back will increase considerably.
Ditching one of our longest serving players wouldn't go down well with the fans either.

Would you rather he came out and said I don't think he's any good, so I have dropped him?

Joe Hart is a quality keeper who's having a bad run of form, behind a shambles of a defence for both club and country. This obsession about being poor with the ball at his feet doesn't wash with me, I want my keeper to be good with his hands because that's the advantage a keeper has, he can use 'em, I don't care if my keeper can't spray 50yard diagonal passes around the pitch, most of our outfield players can't either, Delph struggles to pass it accurately from 10 yards

Exactly passing out to defenders just seems to put the responsibility onto them to make a decent pass and they can easily be closed down by a pressing forward team.

The hoof to half way line by a goalie who is somewhat protected to some extent and even if it is not pretty or always effective, does put the ball 50 yards from the goal and not the edge of the penalty area.

On the official website the part of the training match shown on video did not have Hart playing in either goal, although he was around at the end.

Hart is not perfect but to drop an established player in this first game and play Willie would concern me whether Pep has won dozens of trophies or none.

Eight hours to kick off and counting.........

This could be our Ronaldinho moment, who was dropped when pep joined despite being a back bone for the previous year s... Ofcourse the big difference is Joe's attitude is spot on and is a positive role model for the dressing room

I want him to stay and hope this situation is more comparable to when he came back when pellegrini dropped him and he came back strong

That is something we can only speculate on. For what we see on camera, he does look like you are correct. Once that dressing room door is closed, who knows

I think Hart will start, he should have players moving in front of him for once, giving him options to pass to so i think he will be just fine. For as good as willy did in the league cup final, i do worry for the start of the season if he is in net.

I think Hart will be dropped today.

Pep wants players who follow his instructions, against Arsenal he clearly instructed Willy to play from the back. I can't see him telling Hart at half time "Joe, you now just hoof it up the pitch". So did Hart just disobey Pep? If so I'd be willing to put money on Joe being sold.

Let's just enjoy the first match on the season and witness the start of a new era where mistakes will inevitably be made without thinking about whether Joe or Willy were the right choice

That is something we can only speculate on. For what we see on camera, he does look like you are correct. Once that dressing room door is closed, who knows

Ofcourse, we don't know what's goes on behind dressing rooms... But it has been widely reported before

I do hope Joe adapts... And want him to stay... Lets see how it goes..

I recall when City released all that statistical data a few years back the keeper with the best stats in the league for short passing was Hart, what happened since?

Joe Hart is a quality keeper who's having a bad run of form, behind a shambles of a defence for both club and country. This obsession about being poor with the ball at his feet doesn't wash with me, I want my keeper to be good with his hands because that's the advantage a keeper has, he can use 'em, I don't care if my keeper can't spray 50yard diagonal passes around the pitch, most of our outfield players can't either, Delph struggles to pass it accurately from 10 yards
I don't think it's anything to do with being good with his feet or passing accuracy, it's about what's between his ears. For better or worse Guardiola does not want the opposition to have the ball, ever. By kicking it to the opponents centre half, full back or into touch, they have the ball back and cheaply. All his goalkeeper needs to do is be able to understand what is going on, on the pitch, and to receive the ball from, or give the ball to, a player in space. Joe is merely symptomatic of the English game, as is 'kicking it into row z', another aspect of the game that will be consigned to history, at least at City, for the next three years.
High risk, high reward football. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.