Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Numbers do not lie.

29dv09w.png
English taught english joe v the best goalie in the world and taught very differently his whole career,stupid comparison

Have we seriously got a member of this forum who;

1) Believes Pep's style is tiki-taka,
2) Thinks that our defence has been organised over the last two seasons,
3) Chooses this of all summer to say they want a bit of "English style" over the football that Pep will try to implement?
You had. This forum, and members like you, are a disgrace with all the hate you have for our players.

Great question. I struggle to understand why he couldn't develop, and having seen him a lot in games and in warm ups, he seems quite an able footballer. Perhaps he just needs time. We're all capable of learning.

And he can take a mean penalty!

Great question. I struggle to understand why he couldn't develop, and having seen him a lot in games and in warm ups, he seems quite an able footballer. Perhaps he just needs time. We're all capable of learning.

Absolutely he's capable of learning and becoming better. I don't think that's in doubt.
Someone (in theory) might have been able to squeeze a bit more ability out of Ricky Hatton, but would he ever have been able to beat Floyd Mayweather?
You still end up with the same issue in the end... given two sportsmen, both of whom are capable of improving, do you choose Hatton or Mayweather in your team?

I think Delph could improve under Pep, but he'll never be Iniesta and if we could buy a new Iniesta, Delph would be gone right? - it's the same with Joe, or any player for that matter.
If we have a player in the academy that Pep thinks can make it to the very top, then I'm sure he'd invest time and effort in that young lad, but he is not going to do that with a player he doesn't think can make it to the very top - even if he could still make him a bit better.

'Having seen Hart in warmup' is a far cry from being chased down by Messi or Ronaldo or Suarez and having to play it out rapidly to a defender in order to start a counter attack.
I can probably do a fair few keepie-uppies in the comfort of my back garden, but put me on the pitch at the Etihad and it might be a different story!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Joe is lousy, precisely the opposite, I think he's very good. More than good enough for most PL teams and good enough for our national team.
Good enough to be part of the very best team in Europe? - I don't know, but seems Pep doesn't think so. I expect there's a few others he doesn't think are good enough either.

One of the problems we have as City fans is that by our standards, the players we have now are superb! (generally speaking). We've never been one of the world's great clubs, we've never won CL, we've never even had a sustained dominance in our domestic league. We're still learning, and we have to learn to be a merciless and critical as the very best in the world.

We have to be honest with ourselves and realistic about how good (or not) we really are. Right now, we're a damn good PL team. That's it. We really aren't feared across Europe (and rightly so), and half of our players wouldn't keep a place in a top European team. I'm no being critical, I'm damn chuffed at how good we currently are, but I'm also realistic about how far we still have to go!

Last edited:
English taught english joe v the best goalie in the world and taught very differently his whole career,stupid comparison

It is a stupid comparison, you're right.

I don't think many doubt Neuer is a better keeper, but those stats prove nothing. They might not lie, but they mislead and give rise to countless interpretations.
It's like the old pass completion stats... if you pass 5 yards then you might get 90% pass success rate, and yet if you play incredible long sweeping crossfield passes, and only half of them work (incredible stat), only 50% of your passes are successful. You'd end up with Zidane looking second best to Lee Cattermole!

Yes he can. Vinny's hit some absolute peaches over 60-70 yards to create chances down the years.

That's down to percentages. So has Joe Hart. Most of Vinny's long passes go to the oppo goalkeeper. Having said that, everyone will be better at everything under Pep. They have basically been operating for 3 years without a coach.

It is a stupid comparison, you're right.

I don't think many doubt Neuer is a better keeper, but those stats prove nothing. They might not lie, but they mislead and give rise to countless interpretations.
It's like the old pass completion stats... if you pass 5 yards then you might get 90% pass success rate, and yet if you play incredible long sweeping crossfield passes, and only half of them work (incredible stat), only 50% of your passes are successful. You'd end up with Zidane looking second best to Lee Cattermole!

Far from stupid when these are the stats PEP is using to see what type of keeper he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.