Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hart is a good keeper but he has too many flaws in his game to ever be considered a great one

He is home-grown and provides a link between the old and new city, which is why there is such affection for him

However, there is no room for sentiment in professional sport, if we can get someone without these flaws then we will move the team forward to the next level

There is no way he will be able to develop his game to the level that Pep will need, he is hopeless with the ball at his feet, which in the main is caused by his lack of composure

Sure he may shout and ball but he often creates panic and confusion which leads to some comedy goals conceded.

If we can get £40m for him then we should cash in, didn't De Gea have a £30m clause inserted into his contract last year when he re-signed?

It's 40m clause for De Gea now, up to mid June or something. He is better than Joe imo and younger.

Not sure what to think about selling Hart though, kinda feels wrong..

I'd be furious if we sold Hart. He's not only been of one our top performers, he's a leader and a huge personality. I'm sure he can adapt to the sweeper-keeper role Guardiola wants him to play when he's given the chance.

everton need a manager ,top targets not so convinced ,joe hart 40 mill story in papers top manager targets, think ok worth a chat ,

I agree as well - it's composure on the ball he lacks more than anything. Neuer is outrageously composed on the ball and I think his passing stats are around the 80% mark just to throw in Pep's level of expectation. You'd expect Joe to have a completion rate above 50% as most passes will be 5 yards to feet, it's the passes when under pressure he struggles with - in professional football you're likely to have someone closing you down and you've got to be confident to play a pass to feet, that's where he struggles and instead he dwells on the ball before launching it long, which doesn't work with City considering the height of our "target man".
As I indicated before Hart lacks the technical skills ( a repertoire of football kicks, ' modulated' passes etc) and nous that is required of a professional footballer to complete being a Pep GK.

Last edited:
I can see us getting Ter Stegen and him coming in as backup keeper maybe starting cup games and then by the start of 2017/18 he would be first choice. No way would I get rid of Hart though, we don't need the money so no amount of money would tempt me to get rid as a personality like that & understanding of the club pre-takeover can't be replaced with any amount of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.