Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First and foremost RIP to your dad in the Kippax in the sky,he won't be grinning mate he will be smiling down at you and City for what we are about to become,I'm not gonna under estimate Pep,I just find this all bizarre, I know things at City are always strange but after being with them for all my life (45) nothing should surprise me these days I suppose

I hope Hart stays and we have a keeper issue like AC Milan had in the 90's with Sebastiano Rossi and Christian Abbiati where we have 2 great keepers who can help improve one another.

Just a thought, most of the speculation about Joe Hart's future has been driven by the media. No clear indications came across during the BT post match interviews that Joe's departure was inevitable. Now Everton have whimped out, as expected, it wouldn't surprise me if Joe stays with City, at least until January. If Bravo doesn't do the business, there is nothing from Joe's performance and attitude last night that makes me feel that staying is not a viable option.

What did he have to do that warranted your comment about his performance last night? Yes, he played it short to keep the match flowing, but their ten outfield players were nowhere near him. Not bashing him, but reality is he had very little to do with tons of time to do it in

I thought the City fans were brilliant with Joe last night. It was nothing to do with anyone having a go at Pep or Bravo, it aS all about respect for someone who has always played for City with pride, passion, decency and brilliance, who has never hidden, is amongst the first to applaud the fans. Last night was proper old City for me and I was proud to be there, and proud that my two young sons were with me to pay respect to a PROPER BLUE
Kleenex sales just about to soar again :)

I'll give him a little more credit than that. The other explanation for your observations could be that he is aware of Joe's standing with the fans and he would rather avoid risking upsetting the fans by saying the wrong thing.
Potentially, as long as he gave Joe the real situation... But it doesn't endear me to him when he thinks he can pull the wool over our eyes.

Not really. He probably is one of the weaker links for the system Guardiola wishes to use. We have to replace players that don't fit into that system as and when the opportunity arises to do so.
He'd clearly made his decision on Joe before he arrived though. Don't tell me he knew Kolarov, Sagna, Fernando, Bony woul fit his plan and would listen and learn.

Your clearly not understanding how we intent to play under Pep
I don't think I have a full understanding of it, but neither does anyone really. You can't tell me he thought Bony, Kolarov, Fernando, Navas would perform to a higher standard in a Pep system than Joe would.

I thought the City fans were brilliant with Joe last night. It was nothing to do with anyone having a go at Pep or Bravo, it aS all about respect for someone who has always played for City with pride, passion, decency and brilliance, who has never hidden, is amongst the first to applaud the fans. Last night was proper old City for me and I was proud to be there, and proud that my two young sons were with me to pay respect to a PROPER BLUE
England's no 1 was fine by me, not questioning the judgement of the manager or club, and showing support for Joe, no problem. City's no 1 I found disrespectful to our new manager and the new keeper who was about to sign. And don't get my started on the Don't Sell Joe Hart dirge that people thought was appropriate to sing when they know the club's on the verge of selling him. I found the continual Joe Hart chants irritating and a total distraction from the match that was going on. I've gone from having an open mind about him staying here to wanting him gone asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.