Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be honest if he was anywhere near as good as Bravo then Barcelona would have taken Hart instead of signing Jasper Cilleson. Everton have just counted themselves out (if he's as good as some would have us believe they would have been a natural fit) and there doesn't appear to be a lot of takers for Joe Hart. He's been letting in soft goals for the last couple of years and we've been turning a blind eye because it's Joe Hart and we all like him because he's English and a great representative of the club. Unfortunately that doesn't make him a great keeper.

I love the man, I'm very grateful for the years of service he has given the club and he will always be a legend to me for the period of success he was a part of and the loyalty and dedication he has shown the club BUT he's not as good as we all thought.
Thought he was one of our best players last season and saved our arses time and again. As I said, I can see that Bravo will be a better fit for what pep wants but I still think it is genuinely debatable who is the better keeper. It's horses for courses isn't it, I am sure there would be clubs where joe would be a better fit than bravo. The truth is that they're both excellent keepers but for some reason if people don't instantly say bravo is better without even seeing him play for us then they're open to be ridiculed.

Not sure to be fair, I thought it was standard if you wanna keep the goalies happy and sharp in case of injuries to the number 1.
I'll ask him if I see him down the local tomorrow.
I just though Neuer played league and cup the last three years but I could be wrong.

What has he said that makes you think that he know's he's wrong.
Just the way he's gone about it. He's been directly critical of Nasri, directly critical of Yaya but he knows he doesn't have enough reason to be so critical of Joe, he's maintained that he has a chance of being in the team... because his performances have deserved that chance... but yet in reality, he's replaced him and he's got no chance.

Thought it was ironic last night when Joe was obviously set on demonstrating that he was capable of being a sweeper keeper with passing the ball out, following the high line, racing out to clear the through ball only to remind us of his problems with crosses when he came out to punch a ball and sailed majestically under it hands aloft.

Joe is the first player that needs replacing to play Pep's way.

Your last sentence is premium class bollocks by the way.

Really?? Before Bony? Before Kolarov? Before Mangala? Yaya? Absolute nonsense! If you think to a champions league game against barca when sergio is injured and bony has to step in, if you think joe is a bigger liability in that than bony then you've never watched either of them.

thanks. Ive explained it elsewhere.

Just the way he's gone about it. He's been directly critical of Nasri, directly critical of Yaya but he knows he doesn't have enough reason to be so critical of Joe, he's maintained that he has a chance of being in the team... because his performances have deserved that chance... but yet in reality, he's replaced him and he's got no chance.
I'll give him a little more credit than that. The other explanation for your observations could be that he is aware of Joe's standing with the fans and he would rather avoid risking upsetting the fans by saying the wrong thing.

Really?? Before Bony? Before Kolarov? Before Mangala? Yaya?
Yes.

And if Aguero is injured then Nacho, Sterling, Sane and Nolito can step in. Jesus as well from January.

The goalkeeper is the most important player in a Pep team.

Thought he was one of our best players last season and saved our arses time and again. As I said, I can see that Bravo will be a better fit for what pep wants but I still think it is genuinely debatable who is the better keeper. It's horses for courses isn't it, I am sure there would be clubs where joe would be a better fit than bravo. The truth is that they're both excellent keepers but for some reason if people don't instantly say bravo is better without even seeing him play for us then they're open to be ridiculed.

I think Bravo is better...for this system and over the course of a season would work as part of said system that would allow in fewer goals than a reactive keeper like Joe. So if we start comparing player to player exclusively we would get an inaccurate and less than whole picture imo, context is absolute i feel. Pep has the keeper directly as part of the tactics as opposed to traditional prem tactics of 'stop it and boot it' which is what Joe can do pretty well, however they don't usually have such a role in build up i think it is fair to say.

I do not want the following quote to be taken as Joe bashing, it does show a clear gap in the approach to the game by both keepers in general...

"The numbers support the argument. Bravo attempted the fewest long passes of any regular La Liga goalkeeper last season and was also the only one to find a colleague with them more often than not. He made 236 more accurate short passes than anyone else and completed 100 per cent of his passes five times. According to Opta, Hart has done that twice in his career."

There were big discussions on here as to whether Joe would be able to learn the skills required to play in a Pep Guardiola team.

Some thought 'no chance', some, like myself, thought 'maybe' & some thought 'yes'.

It appears Pep thinks either 'no chance', or 'maybe', but certainly not 'yes'.

Joe's position was under discussion on here though, no way was he a certainty in the minds of plenty on here.
Anyone can be replaced, most people would swap sergio for someone better, but surely we'd rather deal with the weaker links first, and the idea that joe is one of the weaker links is completely ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.