Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I read about this bloody soap opera, the more I think that City have still not shed the 'Typical City' image and our first trophy under the new regime will be yet another cup for yet another cock up.

I don't know who is responsible but once again we are becoming a laughing stock as we blunder along saddled with a player we apparently do not want because he supposedly is not good enough playmaker decided either at the last minute by a manager who has been a long time in the coming, supposedly a good friend of the DoF yet apparently they do not speak about such minor matters as getting rid of the England goalie and/or paying him huge wages for either not playing or for playing for someone else.

Can anyone, even the blind faith guys, honestly say that this mess would be allowed to happen any where else at a big club in UK or Europe? Even the utter clown Woodward does not get involved in such messes. We have several highly paid players who if they stay and are not used will cost us a fortune or if they go we will take a big hit with us continuing to pay their wages.

Get a grip City FFS. What happened to the revolution?

A bit OTT there mate. Problem we've had in the past is to get this "revolution" going we were forced to pay high wages in order to attract players here and keep them happy. No other team can afford the salaries thats why Everton have walked away and why Yaya's still here.

I think you need to calm down. Being saddled with a player on high wages that you don't want is hardly a rare occurrence. Joe Hart isn't even the only player on high wages we need to shift. It seems the levels of hysteria surrounding this kind of thing go off the charts when a goalie is involved for some reason. At the moment United are stuck with Schweinsteiger ) and they'll be stuck with Rooney until 2019 (a player whose number will be up by the end of this season). If Joe Hart doesn't want to take a pay cut or step down a level then that's up to him.

Ridiculous to say Woodward wouldn't get involved in such a mess. This is a guy who has just overseen a world record purchase for his club's own academy product. He paid £28m for Fellaini a few days after his £18m release clause expired and they've just resorted to bringing in a manager they've spent the past three years pretending is beneath the club and their values.

#
It is a continuing cock up. Full stop, end of, finito

Woodward has had a few years and three new managers to achieve his level of incompetence but as I recall (and I don't bother much with what the rags do) I do not remember him with highly paid, unwanted players hanging around.
How's your mates Rooney and Bastian doing?

To paraphrase your earlier post, get a grip ffs.

#
It is a continuing cock up. Full stop, end of, finito

So it's conicidence that Joe hasn't been officially allowed to leave until Bravo signed is it ?

What a stupid twat you are Txiki. Should have moved him on & left us with Willy plus Angus Gunn as out two keepers for the season in the event Bravo didn't pass the medical.

Now Woodward presiding over that, is realistic tbf.

Maybe Pep thought Joe would roll up his sleeves and fight for his place. I've seen enough training videos over the years of Joe scoring overhead kicks etc. to know he is certainly no mug with the ball at his feet.

I think there has been a fall-out between keeper and manager at some point, maybe Joe felt his nose put a bit out of place not being automatic first choice after being England number 1 and an almost-ever present during our recent successes. Maybe something was said last season, might help to explain Joe's poor Euro's, he seemed more "under-pressure" than I had ever seen him in an England shirt.

The truth is we will never know. I just find it surprising that rather than Joe rolling his sleeves up and trying to become a better or "sweeper-keeper" it seems that either his camp or us as a club just wanted rid. I don't want to criticise anyone as I don't know enough of the facts, will always consider Joe a true City legend just for his AGUEROOO celebration alone. These things happen in football.

Thanks for the memories Joe, but we, as a club, must move on regardless of how good or popular a player it is concerning.

So you think all this fucking about is good management either at boardroom level or dressing room level?

We seem to have two camps over the Hart Out business those who were saying it last year and those who were saying the opposite but have done an about face because 'Pep' says it and 'in Pep we trust'. If the first camp did not rate him, I would hope that Pep also would have seen this last season and taken appropriate steps via his good friend Trixie instead of signing Barca's now second choice goalie after the season has begun and having Hart left on his hands at the moment. It is a cock up plain and simple.

And we have not begun to address Nasri, Yaya, and a fewer less but highly paid lights yet.

Woodward has had a few years and three new managers to achieve his level of incompetence but as I recall (and I don't bother much with what the rags do) I do not remember him with highly paid, unwanted players hanging around.
The pig fucker?

When do you think they had the conversation that finally made it clear he could go? Because we've left the lad with 1 week to find a new club and the fact is most clubs don't leave it to the last minute to fill such an important role as keeper, so its not surprising there isn't much interest. A loan looks most likely now and without debating the rights and wrongs of not wanting him, really did Pep not know at least a month ago that Joe wasn't wanted??
Yes, but he might not have been sure if he could get a replacement.

While I agree it's not the most ideal situation, it's hardly the mess you make it out to be. I think the plans didn't quite work out ideally due to the delays in getting players back after the major international tournaments this year. We only need to shift a few guys and it isn't the worst thing in the world if Joe can't be moved. I still think Willy would be the easier of the 2 backups to move at the moment. Would rather see a path open for Angus Gunn then leave games to Willy if I'm being honest.

It has gone on too long, especially when you think back to the fact the Pellegrini had to announce he was being replaced by Pep so there has been plenty of time to sort out this obviously thorny issue.

Agree on Willy no one could ever say that he is better than Hart although many seem to be saying just because Pep thinks so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.