Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming it's a footballing matter, which is the most obvious and most likely explanation, it's a question of judgement. Guardiola's call. We haven't see whether he can adapt. Guardiola will have done in training. It's his responsibility. His call.
I'm not sure that's a safe assumption Marvin and there are two reasons why. First of all I don't believe that even someone as ruthless as Pep would make up his mind on the basis of a handful of training sessions and 45 minutes of game time. Even if Hart couldn't adapt them you'd have thought he'd have kept him till the January transfer window at least.

He's fucked off Toure previously because of his gobby agent and nothing's changed in that respect so that's understandable but he's never worked with Hart before. Of course if he's really telling Joe to do x and Joe is just ignoring him then that's clearly utterly stupid on Joe's part. But I don't think he's the brightest anyway.

And by playing Caballero over Hart while looking for a new number 1 keeper, he's effectively saying Willy's not the answer. Even with his weaknesses, I think most believe that Hart is a better keeper than Caballero, including Pep.

But he's clearly been briefed about Hart (& Nasri) either something to do with their attitude or some other issue. I even wonder if this is something that goes back a while but the club were frightened to do anything about in case awkward questions were asked about dumping a club favourite without an apparent reason.

Pep coming in then gives them the perfect smokescreen to get rid, having played out a little charade to try to convince people it's just about football.

If he is to leave in the next couple of weeks how much should we be looking for? His wages will be top level and this probably means we'll have to reduce the asking price. But I'd be disappointed if we settled for anything less than £18m. His age and good injury record plus obviously his record as a fine goalkeeper of a twice champion team mean we shouldn't be giving him away on the cheap.

I'd rather have him stay and fight for his place than loaned out with an option to buy which always means we end up practically giving players away.
Petr Cech went for only £10m, but he was a couple of years older and not homegrown, so Joe's value should be a little higher, but it's all about who actually wants him and who he's willing to go to. It's a pretty small list, I'd imagine him leaving is going to be very reliant on him swallowing his pride and moving to a smaller club in the premier league, like Everton. £15-20m would probably be a good bit of business as we are in a pretty poor position in terms of everyone knowing he's leaving, only two weeks to get it done and not a whole lot of takers

A lot of people have forgotten that Pants was whinging off to the media about not having enough first team football during the week of the cup final. That was the reason for his exclusion. Hart standing in as goalkeeper that day has no relevance to the debate being had now

The point isn't about the events, but how seemingly 'cruel' the game can be when a guy has been the keeper in every round of the cup and is dropped for the final. One minute you're in, the next you're out. Sport can be very harsh sometimes, and this time around, Joe's on the receiving end. When he moves, he'll be ousting some other keeper at another club, quite possibly a mate of his.
People are feeling sorry for Joe saying 'after all he's done for us' - but we don't blink an eye at snapping up another player 'after all he's done for some other club' etc.
We're fooling ourselves with 'after all he's done' stuff. He's a professional sportsman. This IS the nature of his profession.

Hart's world will be in bits and I wish there was a way this could work out and it seems Pep had already made his mind up about him with little or no playing time.

Having said all that, within 10 mins of the little pre-season he did get, he'd launched it down the pitch twice - rocking horse brains or a middle finger to pep. Either way, the current situation was a foregone conclusion.

Not another good city player out on loan. If peps made the decision he is not for him. Fine disappointing but get it not arguing with pep. However at 30 he needs to be sold for value. The idea we let him go on loan and probably subsidise his wages I cannot understand. It seems once they go out on loan they are always on loan until their city contract ends and we get no value.

At 30 we need to be cashing in.

We will turn on Pep if results are poor. His stature in the game will give him a little more time than usual, but not much.
So far, Pep's been good enough to never face that situation, but it'll happen to him one day - if not us, then somewhere else.
If it all goes pear shaped, then decisions like Joe will be used against him - and probably justifiably, but if it all goes well, nobody will be bemoaning the loss of Joe as we lift a CL trophy. Like every other manager, he will live and die by his decisions. He's been very good at it so far, no reason so suspect that won't continue *fingers crossed*
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.