Joe Hart + Mancini's Comments

Mancini needs to stop this public haranguing of individual players immediately. Somebody needs to have a word with him about this. He did it with Adam Johnson, he did it with Tevez, he’s done it with Balotelli and he’s now done it with Hart. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what Hart said after the game, he made the kind of statements you hear from players in post-match interviews the length and breadth of the country every single weekend. He in no way deserves this scolding from Mancini.

Mancini is running the risk of turning into this Paolo Di Canio type figure who crucifies and shames individual players in front of the entire nation on live TV.

This is terrible man management. I remain a big fan of Mancini but this must stop, it is unprofessional and detrimental.

Man management is one of Mancini's flaws. Can't fault him winning both the League and FA Cup, but at Inter he had the habit of falling out with one or two of his players.

Yeah, I'm sure Mancini was upset and his comment was predictably (and slightly depressingly) impulsive, but the sentiment is more or less right IMO. I think Hart has spoken out once or twice before. He is extremely confident by nature and generally managers will be harsher on that sort of character. He is a big boy and I would be very suprised if this damaged him. I agree with Mancini insofar as Hart is not a senior player and has loads to learn in his position (think of how much more experienced at this level most of our players are). I think there is a danger his over confidence will get in the way of that.

Have to laugh at all these people talking about Hart's weaknesses.

1) Golden gloves for last two seasons
2) Only player who kept us in the game by half time
3) Is the best young goalkeeper in England, and possibly the world
4) The defence in front of him changes every week, the system that defence plays changes a couple of times within a game, and there has been no "foundation from the back."
5) We just took the 2nd best team in the world to the last minute in their house!

Just how fickle are we?

Next, people will be saying that Silva is bottling the hard games because he just signed the deal of a lifetime, or that Kompany is resting on his laurels now that he has been acknowledged as the best defender in Britain and got a new contract.

IMHO, Hart had did not reach a perfect snap shot from Benzema in the very bottom corner of the goal, it came immediately after we had taken the lead in the last 5 mins of the game and so it has caused people to lose their minds.

And to suggest that he could do almost anything with Ronaldo's last goal borders on the ridiculous. Even Ronaldo was surprised Kompany ducked so low to get out of the way of it.

As for the post-match comments, Mancini walked into a trap and let his emotions get the better of him. What Hart said was PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE, but what the REPORTER SAID Hart said was a trap for Mancini in order to elicit an impassioned response.

My hope is that Mancini and Hart have already put it to bed, because it really is absolute tosh! Media manipulation and skullduggery, just like the manipulation of Aguero's comments.

Time to circle the wagons and take care of business!

And another thing, anyone criticising Hart's performance last night needs to put the crack pipe down and step away from the crack pipe.

We would have lost 6-2 last night with a normal goalkeeper.

Has anyone criticized his shot-stopping? Seriously?

His distribution is poor. This isn't really in dispute and he makes his own job harder because we don't retain possession as well.

Mancini on OS-

“We didn’t defend as we can on the edge of the box and made some mistakes – we cannot continue to defend this way and we need to resolve this problem quickly,” said the City boss.

“We played too deep and this invited problems.
Madrid were better than us in the first half but we improved a lot after the break. We are disappointed because we were 2-1 up with five minutes to go and if you find yourself in this situation away to Real Madrid, you should pay more attention and go on and win.

“Teams can lose here, that is not a surprise but we have lost from a good position – that is the disappointment, but I was happy with our performance in the second half.”

Mancini refused to blame the fact this is only City’s second Champions League campaign, adding: “We can’t continue to talk about experience because we have good players who are used to playing in big games like this.
“Other teams will lose here, too, but now we have five games left and it is important that we beat Borussia Dortmund in our next game. That won’t be easy because they are
another top team.

“It will be difficult and we know ever match will be hard, but we should go through to the group stages this year.”

Good, you acknowledged our errors now try and correct them please Bob

xzbit04 said:
Mancini on OS-

“We didn’t defend as we can on the edge of the box and made some mistakes – we cannot continue to defend this way and we need to resolve this problem quickly,” said the City boss.

“We played too deep and this invited problems.
Madrid were better than us in the first half but we improved a lot after the break. We are disappointed because we were 2-1 up with five minutes to go and if you find yourself in this situation away to Real Madrid, you should pay more attention and go on and win.

“Teams can lose here, that is not a surprise but we have lost from a good position – that is the disappointment, but I was happy with our performance in the second half.”

Mancini refused to blame the fact this is only City’s second Champions League campaign, adding: “We can’t continue to talk about experience because we have good players who are used to playing in big games like this.
“Other teams will lose here, too, but now we have five games left and it is important that we beat Borussia Dortmund in our next game. That won’t be easy because they are
another top team.

“It will be difficult and we know ever match will be hard, but we should go through to the group stages this year.”

Good, you acknowledged our errors now try and correct them please Bob

Actually, pretty much along the lines of what Hart said. Mancini wears disappointment and frustration on his sleeve. Nothing wrong with that but when it is mixed with his Italian ego you get statements like last night. He must not alienate players. Especially those stalwarts like JH. We must keep him, the England no 1 until he retires IMHO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.