Joe Hart + Mancini's Comments

Brewster's millions said:
Absolute storm in a tea cup.

Gabriel Clarke who did the interviews last night is a shit-stirrer of the highest order and Mancini has has problems with him before.

Hart was annoyed, as anyone would expect, but he didn't criticize the team or any individuals in his interview. Just made the general point that we shouldn't lose the game after being 2-1 up after 85 minutes.

Then when Mancini is interviewed, the weasel kicks off by saying that Hart was very critical of the team. Total mis-representation of Hart's comments, but unfortunately in keeping with the negative tone of the coverage last night toward's our performance.

This is exactly what happened.....clear as day.

BillyShears said:
taconinja said:
b) Hart did tell the truth but it puts him in an awkward position. If anyone should take the flak from the media and risk angering the players as Hart has potentially done (although I doubt it but the key word is "potentially") it should be the manager. The keeper shouldn't have to worry about Kompany's hurt feelings as an example. Again, I don't think the players will be angry with Hart, but you can't always tell.

Again, I saw the interview as it happened live. He said NOTHING beyond "you can't be winning with 5 minutes to go and lose a game" or words to that effect. I really genuinely don't see that there's anything in that worth even commenting on, let alone getting offended or bothered by it. He didn't blame a player or just his defenders - in fact if anything he looked as distraught with himself as with anyone else.

Beginning to bug me that this molehill a) was turned into a mountain by Mancini via the media and b) is being seen as anything out of the ordinary for a player to say.

Hart should be criticised for not stopping their second goal IMO, and for not being more firm in getting his backline to push a little further out, but not for what he said after the match.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see that there was nothing wrong with Hart's comments. Mancini shot from the hip without engaging his brain and gave the press their story. Again.

But I do agree it's a storm in a teacup. I trust Mancini is man enough to say sorry and Hart is man enough to laugh it off.

BillyShears said:
taconinja said:
b) Hart did tell the truth but it puts him in an awkward position. If anyone should take the flak from the media and risk angering the players as Hart has potentially done (although I doubt it but the key word is "potentially") it should be the manager. The keeper shouldn't have to worry about Kompany's hurt feelings as an example. Again, I don't think the players will be angry with Hart, but you can't always tell.

Again, I saw the interview as it happened live. He said NOTHING beyond "you can't be winning with 5 minutes to go and lose a game" or words to that effect. I really genuinely don't see that there's anything in that worth even commenting on, let alone getting offended or bothered by it. He didn't blame a player or just his defenders - in fact if anything he looked as distraught with himself as with anyone else.

Beginning to bug me that this molehill a) was turned into a mountain by Mancini via the media and b) is being seen as anything out of the ordinary for a player to say.

Hart should be criticised for not stopping their second goal IMO, and for not being more firm in getting his backline to push a little further out, but not for what he said after the match.
You misunderstand me. Players can be a rather sensitive bunch. As an example, see Carlos Tevez.

Question .... so we have a baby goalkeeper in footballing terms as it's generally acknowledged keepers peak much later than outfield players do. Are we right to have no real competition for him?

BillyShears said:
Question .... so we have a baby goalkeeper in footballing terms as it's generally acknowledged keepers peak much later than outfield players do. Are we right to have no real competition for him?
Do you consider Pantilimon to be no real competition? Not saying he is... just curious as to your opinion. (I realize that Pantilimon has weaknesses.)

BillyShears said:

You'd struggle to get real competition for him because top class keepers don't want to be number 2.

taconinja said:
BillyShears said:
Do you consider Pantilimon to be no real competition? Not saying he is... just curious as to your opinion. (I realize that Pantilimon has weaknesses.)

I don't actually, I think he's a good keeper but there isn't a cat in hell's chance of Hart ever being dropped for him. I'm talking about someone of genuine class with a ton of experience.

BillyShears said:
taconinja said:
BillyShears said:

I don't actually, I think he's a good keeper but there isn't a cat in hell's chance of Hart ever being dropped for him. I'm talking about someone of genuine class with a ton of experience.

Like Shay Given? ;-)

BillyShears said:
taconinja said:
BillyShears said:

I agree. I'm not sure who we could get that as Dave says would be comfortable if he lost out to Joe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.