Joe Hart + Mancini's Comments

cookster said:
Joe said exactly what Mancini said "We shouldn't lose from 2-1 with 5 mins to go"

Got to respect Mancini for what he's done at City BUT his man management skills are wank at best!

Said this before and got called everything under the sun and of course a rag. Wanks a bit far but he definitely needs to work on this aspect of his game.

Adebayor thread by the way.

Mancio said:
Didsbury Dave said:
cookster said:
Joe said exactly what Mancini said "We shouldn't lose from 2-1 with 5 mins to go"

Got to respect Mancini for what he's done at City BUT his man management skills are wank at best!

What was funny was you could see anger flash across Mancini's face, he went on his daft monologue about Hart, then he said almost word for word what Hart had said!

maybe anger crosses his face becouse

a) he's tired of hart undeperfoming

b) becouse in some way hart had set a different tone to the postmatch comment to the one the manager would have setted.
at the end of the day a manager should be free to choice to say "we had a great match , i want to thank all the team , we was very close to an historical win at the world most difficult ground" without some stupid player force him to follow a different approach.

a) Without Harts first half performance we wouldn't of even been in the game second half?

b) Hart told the truth and there's nothing wrong with that, constructive criticism is required at times.

fink joes comments are spot on, and maybe by saying them it will give our players a kick up the arse, as our defending has been woeful this season so far, no need for bobby to slap him down

Danamy said:
Mancio said:
Didsbury Dave said:
What was funny was you could see anger flash across Mancini's face, he went on his daft monologue about Hart, then he said almost word for word what Hart had said!

maybe anger crosses his face becouse

a) he's tired of hart undeperfoming

b) becouse in some way hart had set a different tone to the postmatch comment to the one the manager would have setted.
at the end of the day a manager should be free to choice to say "we had a great match , i want to thank all the team , we was very close to an historical win at the world most difficult ground" without some stupid player force him to follow a different approach.

a) Without Harts first half performance we wouldn't of even been in the game second half?

b) Hart told the truth and there's nothing wrong with that, constructive criticism is required at times.
I think you're both right if that makes any sense.

a) Hart kept us in the match with his saves, but his distribution put us immediately under pressure time and again. He has to be better than that. Has to be or we'll never go far in the Champions League.

b) Hart did tell the truth but it puts him in an awkward position. If anyone should take the flak from the media and risk angering the players as Hart has potentially done (although I doubt it but the key word is "potentially") it should be the manager. The keeper shouldn't have to worry about Kompany's hurt feelings as an example. Again, I don't think the players will be angry with Hart, but you can't always tell.

Defensively we are too quick to pass the ball back to Joe.

When we have the ball, we should ALWAYS try and retain it without passing to the keeper, the holding mids and back line should be showing for a pass to take the pressure off.

As soon as it goes to Joe, or any keeper for that matter, and he punts long, it is 50/50 on your chances of retaining the ball. Keep hold of it at the back, and you 100% have the ball.

Absolute storm in a tea cup.

Gabriel Clarke who did the interviews last night is a shit-stirrer of the highest order and Mancini has has problems with him before.

Hart was annoyed, as anyone would expect, but he didn't criticize the team or any individuals in his interview. Just made the general point that we shouldn't lose the game after being 2-1 up after 85 minutes.

Then when Mancini is interviewed, the weasel kicks off by saying that Hart was very critical of the team. Total mis-representation of Hart's comments, but unfortunately in keeping with the negative tone of the coverage last night toward's our performance.

Brewster's millions said:
Absolute storm in a tea cup.

Gabriel Clarke who did the interviews last night is a shit-stirrer of the highest order and Mancini has has problems with him before.

Hart was annoyed, as anyone would expect, but he didn't criticize the team or any individuals in his interview. Just made the general point that we shouldn't lose the game after being 2-1 up after 85 minutes.

Then when Mancini is interviewed, the weasel kicks off by saying that Hart was very critical of the team. Total mis-representation of Hart's comments, but unfortunately in keeping with the negative tone of the coverage last night toward's our performance.

+1

taconinja said:
b) Hart did tell the truth but it puts him in an awkward position. If anyone should take the flak from the media and risk angering the players as Hart has potentially done (although I doubt it but the key word is "potentially") it should be the manager. The keeper shouldn't have to worry about Kompany's hurt feelings as an example. Again, I don't think the players will be angry with Hart, but you can't always tell.

Again, I saw the interview as it happened live. He said NOTHING beyond "you can't be winning with 5 minutes to go and lose a game" or words to that effect. I really genuinely don't see that there's anything in that worth even commenting on, let alone getting offended or bothered by it. He didn't blame a player or just his defenders - in fact if anything he looked as distraught with himself as with anyone else.

Beginning to bug me that this molehill a) was turned into a mountain by Mancini via the media and b) is being seen as anything out of the ordinary for a player to say.

Hart should be criticised for not stopping their second goal IMO, and for not being more firm in getting his backline to push a little further out, but not for what he said after the match.

What did Hart do wrong?

He answered a question like a winner and gave a perfect response imo. If you disagree please explain why you feel he was wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.