Joe Hart + Mancini's Comments

BillyShears said:
markbmcfc said:
My argument with YOU, is your blaming Mancini without any acknowledgment that Hart's words gave the media the chance to put their own shite spin on it.

Nonsense. Hart said "It's not on. You can't go 2-1 up and lose the game. We can only blame ourselves. They are a very good team and so are we. We dug deep, got a lead twice and threw it away. It's hard to come off the field after losing 3-2 and be positive."

Hart's words were spot on. He said nothing wrong. He said nothing controversial. He said nothing out of the ordinary. Mancini's reaction without all the facts was misplaced.

Oh come on. Joe's body language said more than anything that came out of his mouth. The interviewer was almost apologetic in the question's he was asking because Joe was so animated. You have to factor that in and put his words in the context of his mood. That's what the media have picked up on, turned it around, and threw it at Mancini.

Players and managers shouldn't have to give TV interviews 2 minutes after a defeat, especially one like that.

What Hart said was correct we shouldn't have thrown it away, but in truth they should have been out of site by half time anyway.

I can understand his frustration, but I can also understand Mancini's.

i thought joe hart was fine in his comments, im guessing mancinis words are taking out of context, but whatever

BillyShears said:
markbmcfc said:
My argument with YOU, is your blaming Mancini without any acknowledgment that Hart's words gave the media the chance to put their own shite spin on it.

Nonsense. Hart said "It's not on. You can't go 2-1 up and lose the game. We can only blame ourselves. They are a very good team and so are we. We dug deep, got a lead twice and threw it away. It's hard to come off the field after losing 3-2 and be positive."

Hart's words were spot on. He said nothing wrong. He said nothing controversial. He said nothing out of the ordinary. Mancini's reaction without all the facts was misplaced.

I make you right.

Hart was spot on with his assessment anf the journo spun it, Mancini bit and the fish turned out to be a rotten red herring. Nothing more.

Absolutely disgusted with the media last night. A fabulous game yet stories of Aguero + Real & Mancini v Hart.

What really happened is we kept the best Madrid team of recent memory (imo they will win CL) and came away with a tight 3-2 loss. We are winners and should be gutted, Hart should be praised for his comments not hounded.

Gutted as I was, I was proud of Joe for showing his disappointent like that.

Surely Joe is entitled to stress his view and express his disappointment. After all, he does not have a go at any individuals, which would have been out of order, nor does he criticise his manager. It’s all heat of the moment stuff to be fair, including from Roberto. They are all gutted which actually is healthy. Roberto might reflect that players are entitled to have opinions and as long as they are not destructive to team spirit, and don’t undermine him, why shouldn’t they air them?

i can't see mancini go on and on with joe hart and his distribution and left hand liability , i think mancini's getting tired.

Joe was right, while we could have only dreamed of occasions like this a few years back, that was then, this is now with one of the best squads in Europe, it's unacceptable to lose a game from 2-1 up with 5 minutes left! We aren't a game underdog, we are in this to win it.

Haven't seen the managers comments but if he had a go after seeing the interview then he's wrong. If he's been told "Hart criticised the team" and had a go then he's been a bit naive trusting an interviewers word but no drama.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.