Joe Hart [Merged]

Re: Joe Hart

Joe's fault I'm afraid.

The keeper's in charge of the area at corners. If you don't have a man on the near post then you make doubly sure you cover it yourself.

Making great saves later on is all well and good but the first goal is usually all important

Santiago Street . said:
Joe's fault I'm afraid.

The keeper's in charge of the area at corners. If you don't have a man on the near post then you make doubly sure you cover it yourself.

Making great saves later on is all well and good but the first goal is usually all important

As City mark zonally at corners I would suggest that is the management and coaching staffs tactics not Joe's.

ID70 said:
Santiago Street . said:
Joe's fault I'm afraid.

As City mark zonally at corners I would suggest that is the management and coaching staffs tactics not Joe's.

spot on

not joe's fault, i wouldnt blame anyone for it tbh
cavanni attacked the ball very well and got an excellent header in

Santiago Street . said:
Joe's fault I'm afraid.

If i'm honest ,i'd say I agree with you and have been saying it for ages,he has very minimal to do and doesn't do it very well.

He excels in shot stopping but still fails to do the fundamental things expected of a goalkeeper.

Joe Hart, a theory...

While joe has still been decent in net this season, i think everyone must admit that he has made more errors than last season put together, several of which have led to silly goals being conceded.

He is not the only reason we are conceding more this season; we arent as defensive in games as we were last season, but i think he could have conceded a few less.

Now, could the reason behind this be the lack of a serious back up keeper? He is ubtouchable in our squad as costel is unlikely to become our regular number one. Last season he had given waiting in the wings and at birmingham he was not guaranteed a place in either the birmingham or city team, so he had to be on top of his game.

However, is the lack of a quality replacement leading to him becoming slightly complacement? Im sure his motivation is to help his club and his teammates and he isnt a selfish player, but i wonder if the lack of a proven gk on the bench has caused some of the errors?

Re: Joe Hart, a theory...

While joe has still been decent in net this season, i think everyone must admit that he has made more errors than last season put together, several of which have led to silly goals being conceded.

He did make errors too last season ! Not picking on him, it's a natural thing for a keeper his age.
It does make a big difference that he doesn't get as much protection as he did last season but I would say our back 5 is in no way near the form it was last season defensively.

Re: Joe Hart, a theory...

we havent lost a game and hes probably the best keeper in the league stop moaning !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.