Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

whp.blue said:
Sky Blue said:
Stoned Rose said:
If Caballero doesn't start against Arsenal I'll be very surprised.

Good shout seeing as Arsenal struggled to score against him the other week...

Boyatta wont be playing this time

Oh I see so the defence is to blame for Caballero being out of position for 2 of the 3 goals. Glad we cleared that one up....

cityisOURS said:
He's allowed one mistake. But another bad run of games like last year then we need a new keeper. You can't afford to be inconsistent at the level we're at now
He's made more than one mistake.
He made one against Newcastle , completely missing a cross from which they nearly equalized, two against Dippers flapping at a corner and later on punching at a cross he should have easily caught which set them up on a dangerous attack , and then today he punched at a cross which he should have caught because Crouch was putting him off and then the goal FFS , it was a back pass.

Len Rum said:
cityisOURS said:
He's allowed one mistake. But another bad run of games like last year then we need a new keeper. You can't afford to be inconsistent at the level we're at now
He made one against Newcastle , completely missing a cross from which they nearly equalized, two against Dippers flapping at a corner and later on punching at a cross he should have easily caught which set them up on a dangerous attack , and then today he punched at a cross which he should have caught because Crouch was putting him off and then the goal FFS , it was a back pass.

He also made points saving saves in those games as well but don't let that get in the way of your witch hunt. As for the punching you do know that is the way goalkeepers are taught these days? Play it safe and punch it clear instead of try and catch it and fumble it giving the striker a tap in but again don't let your lack of knowledge get in the way of your witch hunt.

Out of the two keepers on the pitch today, I know who I'd prefer...............................The one Mancini was going to buy.

People need to wake up to the fact that Hart is an average goalie, he's not good enough for where we want to go and I wish they'd get over the fact that he's the England No.1 there's no one to challenge him!

He's cost us so many points these last couple of seasons where as your keeper should save you 12+points a season eg...Schmeichel for the rags.

RandomJ said:
Len Rum said:
cityisOURS said:

He also made points saving saves in those games as well but don't let that get in the way of your witch hunt. As for the punching you do know that is the way goalkeepers are taught these days? Play it safe and punch it clear instead of try and catch it and fumble it giving the striker a tap in but again don't let your lack of knowledge get in the way of your witch hunt.
Bollox, I could have caught those crosses.
I don't recall points saving saves in any of those games.
As long as he was 'ok ' I didn't see any need to buy a new keeper, clearly his weaknesses are still present, time to pick Willy ( yeah he may not be any better) and then buy a new keeper ASAP.

Was talking to a Stoke fan on the way back from the match and says he couldn't believe the shot went in. He said since Begovic has played for them he can't remember him EVER letting a goal like that in and that they count themselves really lucky that no one has come in and bought him.

Get Willy in QUICK. Sorry Joe but goalies are supposed to get better with age.........not WORSE.

RandomJ said:
Len Rum said:
cityisOURS said:

It's a great theory and it works well for many but the problem here is that all too often he doesn't punch it clear. There was a brilliant example today where his punch barely made is past the edge of the penalty area. If a keeper is unable to punch the ball away with force then attempting to punch it is just as risky as attempting to catch with fewer benefits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.