Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

yayas trusty right foot said:
I have always thought Hart was an ordinary keeper and nothing special at all...

The really top keeper make very few mistakes and you cannot say that about Joe Hart.

The quick goal kick routine where he runs to the edge of the box and then looks left and right and just keeps hold of it really does my head in..
Not forgetting waving his arms about and pointing to something in the distance and waiting another ten seconds before he then kicks it straight to the head of an opposition defender.

The thing is, unlike other positions on the pitch, there are only seemingly two goalkeepers (Neuer and Courtois) in the world who are at the level required for all of the following clubs:
City Cheslea Paris Juve München Dortmund Atléti Barça Madrid

Since Neuer and Courtois are already at two of those clubs, the other seven of us are always going to be stuck with someone a level below. There's a real dearth in quality in 'keepers worldwide.

You can name ten, and I'd be unimpressed to get rid of Hart for any of them other than those top two.

KippaxCitizen said:
The thing is, unlike other positions on the pitch, there are only seemingly two goalkeepers (Neuer and Courtois) in the world who are at the level required for all of the following clubs:

Since Neuer and Courtois are already at two of those clubs, the other seven of us are always going to be stuck with someone a level below. There's a real dearth in quality in 'keepers worldwide.

You can name ten, and I'd be unimpressed to get rid of Hart for any of them other than those top two.
I'd take Begovic, DeGea, the Cardiff goalie , Cech, Mignolet, Krul any day of the week. Probably loads of others I can't be arsed thinking about.

Len Rum said:
KippaxCitizen said:

I'd take Begovic, DeGea, the Cardiff goalie , Cech, Mignolet, Krul any day of the week. Probably loads of others I can't be arsed thinking about.
I'm with you on this one Lem. What in gods name were our suits thinking of by renewing this fuckers contract ?

Gaylord du Bois said:
Len Rum said:
KippaxCitizen said:

I'm with you on this one Lem. What in gods name were our suits thinking of by renewing this fuckers contract ?
Err , obviously you're a man strong on irony Gaylord , so not sure you're with me with this one at all.
Bottom line is I'm happy if Joe's "OK" but in reality against against Newcastle and Dippers he was found wanting and he blew it today, handling of crosses and distribution again being a joke.
Thank you for Everton Joe but it's time to move on.

sh249 said:
Really poor mistake, obviously. Symptomatic of a truly horrendous day.
Spot on. There is a case to be made that our performance didn't deserve anything today. But it was a bad mistake by Hart that cost us. Also frightening how the Stoke lad got away from (I think) Vinnie as he was charging down the middle.

I think Hart is a liability at times. This is not kneejerk based on today but it's been quite a regular thing over the last few seasons. Some of his decision making is really poor, particularly coming out to punch crosses/corners which he should either catch or not come for at all. Also his kicking/distribution is woeful. These areas of his game have never progressed.

Not seen enough of Caballero but wouldn't mind seeing him get a few games to see if he is any better.

Juan King said:
I think Hart is a liability at times. This is not kneejerk based on today but it's been quite a regular thing over the last few seasons. Some of his decision making is really poor, particularly coming out to punch crosses/corners which he should either catch or not come for at all. Also his kicking/distribution is woeful. These areas of his game have never progressed.

Not seen enough of Caballero but wouldn't mind seeing him get a few games to see if he is any better.
I agree with your assessment of Joe, the worry thing is I don't think he is going to improve and Willy doesn't appear to be any better but should be given a chance.
Either way, whereas signing a quality goalie was not a priority before, it is now ,but the reality is we may have to wait now for next season.

I have seen worst mistakes by Joe , the Chelsea winner springs to my mind . I would still make him 1st choice but anymore cock ups and it's Willy for me !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.