Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

jimharri said:
sh249 said:
Really poor mistake, obviously. Symptomatic of a truly horrendous day.
Spot on. There is a case to be made that our performance didn't deserve anything today. But it was a bad mistake by Hart that cost us. Also frightening how the Stoke lad got away from (I think) Vinnie as he was charging down the middle.
But it's not just that one mistake by Joe, he's been guilty of plenty of other mistakes vs Geordies and Dippers that he got away with.

Len Rum said:
jimharri said:
sh249 said:
Really poor mistake, obviously. Symptomatic of a truly horrendous day.
Spot on. There is a case to be made that our performance didn't deserve anything today. But it was a bad mistake by Hart that cost us. Also frightening how the Stoke lad got away from (I think) Vinnie as he was charging down the middle.
But it's not just that one mistake by Joe, he's been guilty of plenty of other mistakes vs Geordies and Dippers that he got away with.

So have the defenders and our other players why aren't you slagging them off for their part to play and their mistakes? If you are seeking perfection you will be waiting a long fucking time. He missed one punch in the Newcastle game and won another one and had a tidy game for what little he had to do and I am baffled by you including the Liverpool game and I strongly suggest you watch that game again because he made a few key saves that ensured we got the 3 points. He made a fuck up today but so did Kolarov and Kompany for their part to play in it and no one will be more upset about it than Hart. If he continues to make fuck ups I fully agree he should be dropped for Caballero but to call for his head after one costly mistake so far this season and to throw in Caballero in our most difficult fixtures of the season is just knee jerk and stupid.

RandomJ said:
Len Rum said:
jimharri said:

So have the defenders and our other players why aren't you slagging them off for their part to play and their mistakes? If you are seeking perfection you will be waiting a long fucking time. He missed one punch in the Newcastle game and won another one and had a tidy game for what little he had to do and I am baffled by you including the Liverpool game and I strongly suggest you watch that game again because he made a few key saves that ensured we got the 3 points. He made a fuck up today but so did Kolarov and Kompany for their part to play in it and no one will be more upset about it than Hart. If he continues to make fuck ups I fully agree he should be dropped for Caballero but to call for his head after one costly mistake so far this season and to throw in Caballero in our most difficult fixtures of the season is just knee jerk and stupid.
I can't think of many mistakes he's made previously, either. It's a howler, and we'll see what Pellers decides going forward - though I think there would be a stronger case for bringing in Caballero if he hadn't himself looked fairly average in the Charity Shield.
As for some of the suggestions of other keepers better than Hart, the mind fairly boggles.

At 41 years old I'll come out of the closet... I'd rather have willy
No confidence in Joe at all anymore - as much as it huts to say :(

I've been reluctant to criticise or call for Joe's head over this whole loss of form, but it's getting to the point where it's costing too many points over a season and he is yet to recapture his 2012 form in what is now over 2 seasons on. I also don't think Caballero is a good enough, long term first choice. My mind was clouded for far too long in thinking Micah was going to recapture his form, and I think I've done the same here. I still hold hope that he can get back to his best, but it's dwindling, I wouldn't be opposed to signing a top, top class goalkeeper or giving Willy a run.

RandomJ said:
Len Rum said:
jimharri said:

The bottom line is mate a keeper has to inspire confidence.
Against The Geordies he was late coming out to a cross from a free kick from which they nearly scored.
Against Liverpool he flapped at a corner which he should have caught or at least punched (but fortunately it led to nothing), then later he punched out a simple cross he should have caught easily that led to a dangerous situation that fortunately led to nothing.
Today in the second half he was punching again from a cross aimed at Crouch that seemed like a fairly simple catch.
And then the goal, we'll 'nuff said.
Basically dealing with crosses he's weak and distribution is as we all know poor.
Shot stopping one on one has until today been his strength , but now that seems to have gone.

Whoever Pellers puts in between the sticks he needs to make a decision NOW! No point in messing about waiting for the next clanger, it might be too late by then. For me Willy should come in. His distribution is far superior to Joe's. I rub my eyes sometimes at the amount of times Joe hoofs the ball up field under no pressure straight back to the opposition or out for a throw. Whats wrong with throwing/rolling the ball out to our full back/midfielders and build from there?

If Joe had saved that 'back pass' from which Diouf scored then his inability to deal with crosses and his poor distribution would have been forgotten and forgiven ,but he didn't and so for me it's an easy decision to drop him and pick Willy. After all why did we buy Caballero if not to provide competition to Joe.
Ultimately though we need a top quality keeper, competition between two average keepers is not good enough at this level.

Len Rum said:
KippaxCitizen said:
The thing is, unlike other positions on the pitch, there are only seemingly two goalkeepers (Neuer and Courtois) in the world who are at the level required for all of the following clubs:
City Cheslea Paris Juve München Dortmund Atléti Barça Madrid

Since Neuer and Courtois are already at two of those clubs, the other seven of us are always going to be stuck with someone a level below. There's a real dearth in quality in 'keepers worldwide.

You can name ten, and I'd be unimpressed to get rid of Hart for any of them other than those top two.
I'd take Begovic, DeGea, the Cardiff goalie , Cech, Mignolet, Krul any day of the week. Probably loads of others I can't be arsed thinking about.

Mignolet is shit since he came to Liverpool. Don't know Cardiff one but others certainly have the case vs Hart.

He regressed heavily, nowhere near his 2012 form.

Mancio must having a wank somewhere in his dark room whenever Hart makes mistake.

I hate to say it but Joe needs to sit again for a bit or maybe a long while. He is English so he gets a longer leash but realistically, if his name was Jose Corazon or Josef Hartskov would Blues be so opposed to giving Willie a chance?

Personally, I don't think so. If Joe was other than an Englishman with a competitor like Willie, who the mgr trusts, and is acknowledged as one of Argentina's better keepers I think City fans would be less resistant to giving Caballero a chance.

I like Joe. However, he needs to regain his focus both for club and country. He has others who are more than capable of taking his job away from him, if for no other reason than their talent level is close to similar but they are willing to work to be the #1 not just assume the job is theirs. That us my 2p.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.