Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

GaudinoMotors said:
dubblue said:
Hart is just an extremely average error prone keeper. He has the very odd great game but he's not good enough for us.
Harsh but ultimately true - problem is Willy isn't much better.

WTF "Willy Isn't much better?" Do me a favour he's far worse than Hart.
He was poor pre-season and was total toss in the Community Shield.
Give me Hart any day of the week.

Blue Haze said:
Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
Our corners are a fucking shambles. The amount of times they don't get past the first man is unacceptable. Getting paid 100+k a week and not being able to take a decent corner consistently is a fucking joke. Not a funny one.

It's why I fucking hate outswinging corners. Happened at least once last season too.

You miss on one and it's a jailbreak the other way.

Not to mention that inswinging corners are statistically more likely to result in a goal. And yet...we take outswinging...

LoveCity said:
1 shot, 1 goal. It's too often the case with Joe Hart whereas a few years ago he could make 3-4 wonder saves per game.

I have been saying since summer that Willy has been a better keeper than Joe over the last 2 years. Joe will always get preferential treatment because he's English and also Willy's baptism of fire against Arsenal didn't help, but IMO he is a better goalkeeper based solely on the evidence of the past 2 years. He also doesn't need so much time to distribute that the entire opposition is back in two organised lines.

Agree. IMO Willy was brought in to play. It is just a matter of time till Pellers gives him a run. The question is...was yesterday the mistake that gives Willy his chance?

Len Rum said:
If Joe had saved that 'back pass' from which Diouf scored then his inability to deal with crosses and his poor distribution would have been forgotten and forgiven ,but he didn't and so for me it's an easy decision to drop him and pick Willy. After all why did we buy Caballero if not to provide competition to Joe.
Ultimately though we need a top quality keeper, competition between two average keepers is not good enough at this level.

Not having a go...but what is your basis for calling Willy average? The preseason or his time in Spain?

BlueDeadHead said:
LoveCity said:
1 shot, 1 goal. It's too often the case with Joe Hart whereas a few years ago he could make 3-4 wonder saves per game.

I have been saying since summer that Willy has been a better keeper than Joe over the last 2 years. Joe will always get preferential treatment because he's English and also Willy's baptism of fire against Arsenal didn't help, but IMO he is a better goalkeeper based solely on the evidence of the past 2 years. He also doesn't need so much time to distribute that the entire opposition is back in two organised lines.

Agree. IMO Willy was brought in to play. It is just a matter of time till Pellers gives him a run. The question is...was yesterday the mistake that gives Willy his chance?

no it shouldn't be .. willy wasn't very impressive in the community shield....though to be fair it was just his 1st proper game

BlueAnorak said:
GaudinoMotors said:
dubblue said:
Hart is just an extremely average error prone keeper. He has the very odd great game but he's not good enough for us.
Harsh but ultimately true - problem is Willy isn't much better.

WTF "Willy Isn't much better?" Do me a favour he's far worse than Hart.
He was poor pre-season and was total toss in the Community Shield.
Give me Hart any day of the week.

Is that really what you are judging him on? Preaseason??? By that logic the Rags should have locked up the title by now.

Hart fucked up again yesterday
I don't think Caballero is any better though.

We really needed Hart to step up and make the save we asked of him yesterday and he let us down

Hart is good keeper but not on same level as Neuer and Courtois

lancs blue said:
razinho said:
Faith.

[video]http://youtu.be/A96rNAzQkHQ[/video]

Unfortunately in the nearly 2 years since that night he's not just stood still he has actually declined as a keeper IMO.

Agreed he has declined as a player in this time, we can't forget great saves he made against Everton last year. He needs to step up and improve his game, having a great keeper can secure so many points in a season. Must be said though that this is one of the greatest performances I have seen by a keeper.

Do people come on here and try to make something of nothing? Everyone has their views of Hart good keeper or not but my god he didn't save a one on one . Sell him now. What a let down. What do we do sell a keeper every time he doesn't save a shot. Everton away last year tells you all you need to know about Hart.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.