Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

Gaylord du Bois said:
grim up north said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
To answer the last 2 posters, I'd like to say that without a doubt with a top goalie we'd have two more points tonight. But hey, let's settle for mediocrity in net because he's England's number 1.

Ok
He's just hurting cuz he can't get his willy in.
I wish you wouldn't keep erecting that point.

I'm no GK expert, I'm clearly just an artist, but I would have thought 2 woud be the optimum position for Arse's first goal today, not sitting on your backside (1) like Hart did

ITWMMQ1.jpg

ElanJo said:
I'm no GK expert, I'm clearly just an artist, but I would have thought 2 woud be the optimum position for Arse's first goal today, not sitting on your backside (1) like Hart did

ITWMMQ1.jpg

I Think most strikers would shoot low, just to the side of the keeper. Hart was trying to cover that. Yes, the replay makes it look slightly panicky, but he has no time at all. Blame Clattenburg for not giving the earlier foul and Clichy for letting Wilshere past so easily.

I was unimpressed by what I saw of Caballero in pre-season games.

Had no chance with the second but irrelevant of our defenders efforts he should have stayed big for the first.

Would he have made the save or put Wilshire off? I don't know but Joe seems to make few one on one saves.

Interestingly he made one for England last week and also his distribution with them was also much better.

I suspect Willy will play in Munich and if he does well may stay there for Chelsea.

This is the wrong question imo.

It's not about who is the best between these two, it's about whether Joe Hart is the same level of player as Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero.

If you think of them plus the keeper as the spine of the team, then consider the contribution of those 4 to our successes over the past few years, how many games they have influenced, how many big games they have won.

How many points or cup ties has Joe saved us? How many has he been either directly responsible or partly responsible for us losing ? How many other times are there questions asked whether he could have done better & the jury is out ?

Is '..he did ok today, perhaps could have done a bit better with the first goal but his distribution was better than last week..' the kind of comment a MCFC goalkeeper should regularly attract ? Or should we occasionally be saying 'if not for Joe Hart we wouldn't have won that' ? & 'We were struggling today but Big Joe saved us, what a performance' etc ?

Do we ever say anything like that or is it more 'I didn't think he was at fault today' ?

Forgetting Willy or Costel, is our No1 keeper as good as the spine of our team ? Should he be ? Will he be in the future or should we be on the lookout for someone who is a genius in that position ?

I don't know the answer, I'm undecided, but I'm certainly thinking about it.

Title states Joe or Willy?
Well I say Joe.
People make me laugh, the AFC first goal was a 50/50 decision does he go low because Wilshire is usually ALL left foot or high. If he stays up and it goes through Joes legs he gets hung also. Silva had the same chance in the first half but he kept his low and the keeper saved it, Wilshire took it well that is the end of it.
Do you think AFC fans are moaning about there keeper costing them the 3 points when if he had just left MD's header the player on the line would have cleared it!!! No, but if it had be Joe then you lot would have been shouting from the roof tops for his head. Get a grip.

Cannot blame Hart for those goals imo, but his distribution was extremely shit really!

Its in The Blood said:
Title states Joe or Willy?
Well I say Joe.
People make me laugh, the AFC first goal was a 50/50 decision does he go low because Wilshire is usually ALL left foot or high. If he stays up and it goes through Joes legs he gets hung also. Silva had the same chance in the first half but he kept his low and the keeper saved it, Wilshire took it well that is the end of it.
Do you think AFC fans are moaning about there keeper costing them the 3 points when if he had just left MD's header the player on the line would have cleared it!!! No, but if it had be Joe then you lot would have been shouting from the roof tops for his head. Get a grip.
Exactly what I thought.

Neville Kneville said:
This is the wrong question imo.

It's not about who is the best between these two, it's about whether Joe Hart is the same level of player as Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero.

If you think of them plus the keeper as the spine of the team, then consider the contribution of those 4 to our successes over the past few years, how many games they have influenced, how many big games they have won.

How many points or cup ties has Joe saved us? How many has he been either directly responsible or partly responsible for us losing ? How many other times are there questions asked whether he could have done better & the jury is out ?

Is '..he did ok today, perhaps could have done a bit better with the first goal but his distribution was better than last week..' the kind of comment a MCFC goalkeeper should regularly attract ? Or should we occasionally be saying 'if not for Joe Hart we wouldn't have won that' ? & 'We were struggling today but Big Joe saved us, what a performance' etc ?

Do we ever say anything like that or is it more 'I didn't think he was at fault today' ?

Forgetting Willy or Costel, is our No1 keeper as good as the spine of our team ? Should he be ? Will he be in the future or should we be on the lookout for someone who is a genius in that position ?

I don't know the answer, I'm undecided, but I'm certainly thinking about it.
I know the answer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.