Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

Joe wasn't at fault for Wilshere's goal. It was a class finish.

That said, I am laughing at how defensive the Joe Hart Groupies are today.

The facts are that we are four games into the season and Joe has made a couple of half decent saves against Liverpool. This is partly because of our good defence of course.

However, if Joe's is going to become World Class he will need to win some games for and apart from at Goodison, that hasn't happened for a good while.

bluethai said:
Cannot blame Hart for those goals imo, but his distribution was extremely shit really!

THIS. I think Joe is brilliant but his distribution has been well below standard for three seasons. He gets about 1 in 5 right, but too many times he kicks it straight out or does not get it quick enough to one of his defenders. Not sure what is going on in training, but I cannot believe that this area of his game has been worked on. I would be interested to see what Willy can do with distribution

I lost count of the number of times yesterday Joe took a goal kick and aimed it at Milner only for Debuchy to win the header every single time. The only time Debuchy didn't win it was when it went straight into touch for an Arsenal throw in. You would think that after 3,4 or even 5 times he would have got the message and aimed the goal kick elsewhere.

bluesimon said:
bluethai said:
Cannot blame Hart for those goals imo, but his distribution was extremely shit really!

THIS. I think Joe is brilliant but his distribution has been well below standard for three seasons. He gets about 1 in 5 right, but too many times he kicks it straight out or does not get it quick enough to one of his defenders. Not sure what is going on in training, but I cannot believe that this area of his game has been worked on. I would be interested to see what Willy can do with distribution

I'm more interested in goalies keeping the ball out of the net and I think joe is better than willy at that.

bluesimon said:
bluethai said:

Two years ago people on here were slagging him off for releasing the ball to quickly, stating that Pants took his time and thought about what he was going to do. Last season Joe started doing the same thing and people were on here slagging him for it. Yesterday he booted the ball out to touch once, he hasn't done that very often at all lately compared to two seasons ago when he did it at least once a game. His distribution has definitely improved. I assume because they have been working on it in training.

Blue2112 said:
I lost count of the number of times yesterday Joe took a goal kick and aimed it at Milner only for Debuchy to win the header every single time. The only time Debuchy didn't win it was when it went straight into touch for an Arsenal throw in. You would think that after 3,4 or even 5 times he would have got the message and aimed the goal kick elsewhere.

Or shouted at Jimmy to jump a bit higher ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.