Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

Both. Why do we have to choose? Keepers are just like every other position, they need confidence by the coach, they need understanding with their teammate and they need game time. That's exactly what Manuel is doing, so relax a little bit and enjoy those two guys!

joe hart all day long , dont agree with rotating goalies , Willy should have given mangala a shout today , but didnt , and it resulted in an own goal , if you have a first choice keeper , they will build an understanding with the centre backs.

Willy's definitely a decent keeper and a step up from Pantilimon, but I've seen nothing so far to suggest he should start ahead of Joe.

i like the fact we have 2 decent keepers but lets be silly, joe is miles ahead, if only in staure in our country. he intimidated our opponants, to not name in the the starting 11 gives our opponants a huge lift.

Thought Willy was poor today. He had no chance with the own goal and pens are guess work but he really should have dominated his area for many of the crosses that were coming in, but didn't. Blocked two efforts back int0 the centre of the goal as well.

BlueAnorak said:
Thought Willy was poor today. He had no chance with the own goal and pens are guess work but he really should have dominated his area for many of the crosses that were coming in, but didn't.

Err yes he did.

Not alone on this thinking either, everyone around me in the away end thought he did fine today with dealing with the crosses and set pieces.

Yes he conceded 2 goals, but one was an own goal the other was a penalty, none his fault.

He did fine today.

Oh his distribution was fine as well.

After thinking about it I'm starting to worry that the actual plan is to make willy the no.1. If it happens we'll realise the "2 gk fighting for no.1 spot" is bullshit and we've been fooled all along. Rotating gk never works. I remember AVB did that in spurs and it just confused the defenders.

This rotation thing is probably just an excuse until willy adapts to the league without upsetting fans. I think pellegrini never rates joe at all.

Probably why there's no contract extension and the club will sell joe next summer..

It's upsetting because I don't think willy's any better than joe and we're still steadily losing homegrown players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.