Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

MaineRoadBlue said:
Disappointed by Willy's attempt on the penalty. I'm all for trying to save it but why dive the wrong way when you can wait a fraction longer and at least dive in the general direction of the ball.

In theory those that dive put all their eggs in one basket, whether that be left or right. The taker has 3 options, left, right centre. A keeper that stands until he sees the flight should never concede down the centre and still has some chance of getting to a less than perfect left or right kick. Just the maths of it all says that you should stand and move once the ball is struck not just some wild arse guess as Willy tried. In fact the Hull player's penalty was only half right and would have been saved by a keeper who waited to see its direction.

Haha. A keeper isn't good enough because he didn't save a penalty!

MaineRoadBlue said:
Disappointed by Willy's attempt on the penalty. I'm all for trying to save it but why dive the wrong way when you can wait a fraction longer and at least dive in the general direction of the ball.

In theory those that dive put all their eggs in one basket, whether that be left or right. The taker has 3 options, left, right centre. A keeper that stands until he sees the flight should never concede down the centre and still has some chance of getting to a less than perfect left or right kick. Just the maths of it all says that you should stand and move once the ball is struck not just some wild arse guess as Willy tried. In fact the Hull player's penalty was only half right and would have been saved by a keeper who waited to see its direction.

If a keeper waits too long they tend to end up staying rooted to the spot. As you often see with Balotelli's penalties

MaineRoadBlue said:

You haven't played football have you

Tim of the Oak said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

TBF Tim, he didn't he wasn't good enough.

He said he was disappointed in Willy's attempt at saving the penalty.

This doesn't have to be divisive and we hopefully have 2 top quality keepers.

England's No1 v Argentinas No4...........May the best man come out on top ;.)

Willy has a long way to go to take Joe's shirt on a regular basis but I think it will be great to have such talented competition for the goalkeepers shirt, for me Willy has not been here nearly long enough or done enough to justify being promoted to number 1 choice over one of the top 5 keepers in the world which is what Joe is IMO.

Does this 'Joe Hart's a cocky, arrogant, egotistical, head and shoulders using' shitty argument rear it's ugly head again? For crying out loud.

loriblue said:
This cold attitude toward Joe is a continuation of last season and frankly I am sick of it. Stop messing about with his contract and get on with it. HE IS OUR NO 1 ! It is beginning to be very obviously embarrassing the way the english players are treated. Especially Joe, who was ridiculously blamed far more than was necessary last season (especially at times with a very dodgy back 4 in front of him. The simple fact is, we need english players in the side and no one is better than Joe. Pellegrini needs to have the cojons to actually come out and say what the problem is that he has with Joe instead of issuing spineless little nuances like not having a number one, or Joe can't be sure of playing. The only thing spoiling my season so far (apart from a slow start) is what I see as the unfair and unwarranted treatment of Joe by a manager who seems to ignore weekly mistakes as long as they are made by the favoured few. What a way to manage !!!!

Is that you Mrs Hart?

Davs 19 said:
Tim of the Oak said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

I want to see Joe in goal vs Roma Davs, if only to see at least one English player on the pitch (possibly two with Jimmy).

That said, the Engineer - by definition - has no room for sentiment. There is not much between out two keepers and I will get behind Joe if he plays.

Finally, Joe didn't get near five Italy penalties in the Euros! He is still a good keeper.

Tim of the Oak said:
Davs 19 said:
Tim of the Oak said:

I want to see Joe in goal vs Roma Davs, if only to see at least one English player on the pitch (possibly two with Jimmy).

That said, the Engineer - by definition - has no room for sentiment. There is not much between out two keepers and I will get behind Joe if he plays.

Finally, Joe didn't get near five Italy penalties in the Euros! He is still a good keeper.

Same as Tim, whoever wears the shirt gets my 100% support. I just have the uneasy feeling that some want one or the other to fail.

Madness.

Ducado said:
loriblue said:
This cold attitude toward Joe is a continuation of last season and frankly I am sick of it. Stop messing about with his contract and get on with it. HE IS OUR NO 1 ! It is beginning to be very obviously embarrassing the way the english players are treated. Especially Joe, who was ridiculously blamed far more than was necessary last season (especially at times with a very dodgy back 4 in front of him. The simple fact is, we need english players in the side and no one is better than Joe. Pellegrini needs to have the cojons to actually come out and say what the problem is that he has with Joe instead of issuing spineless little nuances like not having a number one, or Joe can't be sure of playing. The only thing spoiling my season so far (apart from a slow start) is what I see as the unfair and unwarranted treatment of Joe by a manager who seems to ignore weekly mistakes as long as they are made by the favoured few. What a way to manage !!!!

Is that you Mrs Hart?
No, just an expert in man management !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.