Joe Hart to retire at the end of 2023-24 season

And Tottenham on the opening day on his debut?? were his finest moments from a playing perspective.
His debut was a couple years before that when Sven was manager. The Spurs game was when he returned to City after a full season on loan at Birmingham and there was some debate over whether Joe or Shay Given would be first choice - a debate that was pretty much over after that 90 minutes!

His debut was a couple years before that when Sven was manager. The Spurs game was when he returned to City after a full season on loan at Birmingham and there was some debate over whether Joe or Shay Given would be first choice - a debate that was pretty much over after that 90 minutes!
He debuted under Pearce 0-0 classic.

Special performances against Dortmund, Napoli and Barcelona, taking Given’s spot and putting on that clinic at Spurs away… Great keeper

Re. his celebrating seeing us lose, if that is indeed what he was doing, why would anyone be surprised? I imagine he was still sore at the way Pep treated him, even though it's been proved to be the right decision, whatever about the handling of it. And I'd doubt very much (though I can't confirm it) that he was a City fan. I wouldn't have thought there'd be many Blues down in Shropshire in the 80s. It's hard to believe, but not every player who's played for us grew up kicking a ball on the forecourt at Maine Road.

That Spurs game is indelibly etched in my mind, he was super-human that day.
I was in hospital at that time, listening to it on the radio was nail biting stuff, no wonder my BP and heart rate were at odds with one another. Poor David Silva, a baptism of fire to the Premier League that match was;)

A CV:
City
Torino
Celtic

Those the big clubs. Titles and trophies. Mr. Hart can retire with his health, wealth, trophies and that CV from his successful career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.