Joe Hart

Completely agree. Would have been great if he'd scored, but over 2 legs he's cost us two goals from free kicks. That one from Fernandez tonight was on his side, a goalkeeper should not concede a free kick on his side of the goal.

I wonder if anyone can tell what percentage of his conceded goals have come on his left hand side?

In my mind he conceded the free kick as soon as he shifted to his right. When I saw him do it i was worried, and unfortunately I was right as "matigol" saw it took advantage and we losing two nil on aggregate. I think his timing and anticipation is something he needs to improve on as at dead ball situations you need to put the pressure on the taker.Hart was perfectly positioned beforehand; he could have made a save from the middle or left hand goal or persuaded fernandez to shoot other the wall in which chances are (if you consider most freekicks) would have been blocked. However, he's still a fantastic keeper, but I think he needs to improve some aspects of his game before we call him the best,
Like his Heading in the box!!! ;)

Jumanji said:
Should have saved the free kick. No doubt in my mind really.

Easy to say but if you watch the game again, you'll see that the Sporting player who took the freekick did something quite a lot of good freekick takers do.

After Joe Hart had set up his wall in relation to where the ball was originally placed, the Sporting player picked up the ball again and moved it a bit to the his right thus changing the angles slightly but the players in the wall failed to notice this. From that point, it was only a matter of hitting the ball well enough and hard enough to take advantage of the change in angles which to his credit, he got spot on. I thought Joe Hart did well to even get his fingertips to it. I think the players should be aware of this little trick and adjust the wall accordingly the next time there's a freekick in such dangerous positions.

redmizzle said:
Jumanji said:

Easy to say but if you watch the game again, you'll see that the Sporting player who took the freekick did something quite a lot of good freekick takers do.

After Joe Hart had set up his wall in relation to where the ball was originally placed, the Sporting player picked up the ball again and moved it a bit to the his right thus changing the angles slightly but the players in the wall failed to notice this. From that point, it was only a matter of hitting the ball well enough and hard enough to take advantage of the change in angles which to his credit, he got spot on. I thought Joe Hart did well to even get his fingertips to it. I think the players should be aware of this little trick and adjust the wall accordingly the next time there's a freekick in such dangerous positions.
That had no effect. Joe tried to cheat and took a step to the right and got caught.

redmizzle said:
Jumanji said:

Nope. He should have saved it. Full stop.

Also, Dax makes an excellent point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.